stylepointzz

Mar 22, 2008
hi, i need help, im 15 and i have a 1995 xr 200r

the bike ran good, but smoked like no other. so i pulled the engine, and i need to know how to replace the piston rings, (thats what i think the problem is) can any one give me advice on how to do this??? thanks!

please help me!!!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
You will need to replace more than just the rings, your best bet is to send the cylinder out to be bored, have the service dept go through the head,(guides, valves, seals, ect), get new piston/rings, gasket kit, and reassemble. Worth the 300-400 bucks it'll cost. You will have a fresh topend.
Oh,.... and get a service manual!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
stylepointzz said:
oh man, i was planning on the seals but not a whole new top end :( thats what i need in my 125
It would be pointless to replace the rings and not bore the cyl, if the rings have reached there service limit than you can be sure the cylinder is there too. On a 13 yr old bike the valve guides/seats/seals will need replacing as well.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Shaw520 said:
You will need to replace more than just the rings, your best bet is to send the cylinder out to be bored, have the service dept go through the head,(guides, valves, seals, ect), get new piston/rings, gasket kit, and reassemble. Worth the 300-400 bucks it'll cost. You will have a fresh topend.
Oh,.... and get a service manual!

This is exactly what I would say if he hadn't already said it...

Top Bottom