bermshredder

Sep 14, 2001
My buddies and I where out riding at Cow Mountain, California.
About half way into the ride my buddy's transmission oil bolt fell out along with the transmission oil. He didn't notice it for a while until the transmission started to smoke and smell. After that it would not go into gear. We took it apart and the clutch plates, clutch basket, and gears all look good to me, We can't find where the problem is. Could anyone shoot us some pointers on where to look and what might have broke? I can take some pictures of it if that would help.

Thanks in advanced for any help

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Does the gear shifter move or is it solid? If it moves then check the shifter fork that engauges the shifter star. Make sure that this works properly before spitting the cases. What kind of bike?

bermshredder

Sep 14, 2001
the gear shifter is switching gears, so the gear shifter is doing it's job. I personally think it's something in the crankcase, although I don't know much about motors. The bike is a '88 CR125

Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sounds serious to me-complete engine strip down-eric gorr offers a bottom end service through a asscociate.Check his prices on his website.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
A typical price around here is $150 to split the cases, plus parts. If you are mechanical,give it a go yourself.Get a service manual or Eric gorrs book and dig into it.

Top Bottom