alitterit

Dec 29, 2003
I have an 02 rm 250 and dumped it in a huge puddle today, and was wondering what i have to do to get it running. I have already changed the oil, cleaned the carb, and emptied the pipe out. Whenever i kick the bike over with the plug out water shoots out. Should i keep kicking it over to get all the water out? And shouldnt all the water in the cylinder leak down into the tansmission?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Remove the tank and carb, drain the oil again, and turn the bike upside down with the plug out. Use your hand and crank the the engine over repeatedly. Take the flywheel cover off and spay with contact cleaner. Clean and re-oil your air filter. Put it all back together and fill with fluids. Change your oil after you have run the bike some. Inspect and repeat as necessary on the oil change. I would run a 32:1 oil ration for a couple of tanks. The extra oil will be good for the bottom end. If you are already using a 32:1 mix, just continue. If you get it out early, you'll be OK.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sounds familiar. :) Do what Bswift said. I would also consider changing your oil after each ride for about 5 rides. I noticed after each ride the oil still had some coloring and thiness (is that a word? :laugh: ) Took me about 5 changes to get it right.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom