brad m

Oct 2, 2009
I'am just getting into riding so not sure on what i may be doing wrong. It is muddey and a little snow on the ground still but has happen to me before, when i'am out it seemes like the bike is all over the place. The ass end spins out easy. I have it up a gear so it lungs a bit. It is a crf250x. I run the tires at 15 psi what the manusl says, tires are in excellent shape, i think that the bike may sit a little high in the back. Any tips would be gerat. If these things where like riding a snowmobile i would be fast in control but competely different.

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
Well, if there's snow on the ground, that would definitely account for the lack of traction you're experiencing.

I tend to put my bike away for the winter, but if you're dead set on riding, I'm sure someone here could offer some advice on putting some studs in them there tires :cool:

brad m

Oct 2, 2009
No i don't want to stud the tires, but i just want to know how to ride better. It is fustrating that i don't feel good on this thing like i did my sled. I just feel like this thing is hard to control.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Get used to it. In mud & snow you are not going to have a lot of control. Just like in any other vehicle in the mud you will have wheel spin. When things dry out you should have less problems.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You are riding in what are probably the worst conditions for traction and control. Drop your tire pressures to 11 or 12 pounds and be very smooth with the throttle. If you can ride mud/ice/snow, you can ride anything.

Top Bottom