Hey Fremont Guy! Get thee to Moon Rocks III

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Go to the following forums:

Organized Rides
Women's Forum
SoCal Wrecking Forum

We're now up +50 men and women showing up in Reno in February for the Third Annual Ladie's Valentine's Ride!

So if I'm not mistaken (XR400 last year) -- get your Katoom in gear!

Cheers! E-Ticket

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Thanks for the subtle reminder E :) . Yes both pumpkins are ready and waiting for Feb to roll around. Can't decide which bike to bring yet but the 300 power felt good in the dez the last 2 rides.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
(grin)

Hey... bring both! But if you only have room for one - bring the 450EXC!

I've currently got an '02 400 MXC and I'm wishing I would have gotten the EXC. (Wanted the large tank more than anything - range and radiator protection...) But the MXC is geared WAY too high for our tight NW woods.

I've already geared it down to a 13-52 and *still* not low enough for the creepy-crawly, rock garden sessions. So I'm either going to change the gearset to the EXC gears this winter.... or sell it and get the new 450 EXC.

I'm thinking that the 400 is actually enough motor for the kind of riding I do, but the bigger forks, hubs, etc.... are awfully attractive.

Any situations where the 450 motor is a *bit much?* We already familiar with the 520's propensity to "kick one'e a**" (grin)

Cheers! - RandyB

Top Bottom