Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm new.

11 weeks.

Banging my brain to name him... never had this much trouble before!

Maybe Maico? But Americans pronounce it wrong, yes even wardy :)

Gunner (typical German name: Gunar) is in the lead for now....
Shorts: Gunny, Gunz.
Fitting for the times :nener:

unnammed2a.jpg

Though about "Semi Otto" LOL. 

Here's dad on display for us at the Breeder yesterday. He's a Schutzhund competitor, 105lbs of freaking awesome. We took "Volt Jr.", the one the breeder says will be closest to his dad.

Forgot what they called that "walk", but he's supposed to be on alert ... note the people around the walk. The leash is supposed to stay tight, but not drag the handler. Not fair for him really, the two out side the ring are his "mom and dad", more distraction than normal... should be strangers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgL8QfBWTQg&feature=player_detailpage

Accepting name suggestions!
Gun related, moto related, etc. Not concerned about german names.

A bud says he's a Fur Missile and should be named accordingly.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Gunther.
Lugar.
Walther.
All german names and gun related too.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
You could call him siegfried, and then call him Sig for short.
and the middle name could be sauer......
Of course he would have to be a P220 model in .45 caliber. :)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
cool name :cool: :cool:
and of course scooter wins....duh

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
MXSparx said:
cool name :cool: :cool:
and of course scooter wins....duh

Of course!

Funny story about picking him out of the litter...

When we got there and they let all if them out, she picked him within the first 5 minutes. I had no idea that she had told the breeder, didn't know she'd picked one.

2 hours later, after having " interviewed " all of them, getting them to run the pups individually, etc. I made my pick. You guessed it, same dog. Lucky for me!

So far, he's been awesome! The breeder did an excellent job with him, he has fit right in with minimal hassle.

So we're off to the vet this morning for his first 48 hour checkup , breeder requires it for his well being and for his health guarantee.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
His dad looks great too, your pup should ripen nicely. You going to show him and all that stuff?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I always do the yell test with any name for a pup.

Stand on your back porch and make like you are calling the dog in. It will either ring true or fail miserably.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Papakeith said:
I always do the yell test with any name for a pup.

Stand on your back porch and make like you are calling the dog in. It will either ring true or fail miserably.

EXACTLY! That's what I kept telling Scooter!

So when I was registering him, I paused... "Justice Gunner" wasn't working. So I changed it to "Jericho Gunner" i.e., fur rocket = missile = Jericho :nod: Still call him Gunny tho.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hows that dog doing Okie? My hound has hit the 10 year mark, time flies. He's still working and happy to do it every day so far. Great health, great drive and still the happiest dog on earth going to work everyday.

Hope all is well in Okie land. Miss the guys and miss the yearly dirt week get togethers. Hope this message finds everyone in good health.

Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hello david. Still kissing men? Where's your sister?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
a454elk said:
Hows that dog doing Okie? My hound has hit the 10 year mark, time flies. He's still working and happy to do it every day so far. Great health, great drive and still the happiest dog on earth going to work everyday.

Hope all is well in Okie land. Miss the guys and miss the yearly dirt week get togethers. Hope this message finds everyone in good health.

Elk

Good to hear from ya Carlo! It's all good here, hope the same there.

10 years and still working... is that normal? I would have thought they would let him retire by now.

Gunner is going on 8 months and other than getting into stuff from time to time, digging a hole every once in a while, doing really well.

Don't be a stranger!~

He was at the office today;

Attachments

• gunzxa.jpg
    gunzxa.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 104

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Just lost my last Schipperkee about three weeks ago and we have been considering chocolate labs. Dave's pup's were all spoken for but we are still trying to decide. We have two Jack Russels that keep us on our toes and in tears laughing so all is good. We also took in a couple of dogs after last years wild fire. There getting quite attached to us as we are to them. We have a mutly pack of critters. Gunner looks great.

Top Bottom