adam_0000

Oct 11, 2004
Crank Seals

I just finished rebuilding my cr 80 i bought it blown up. I was lookin at the old piston today and noticed that there was a deep gouge on the exhaust side. Then i noticed the crack in the crankcase cover over the generater . So did the bike previously blow up because of that ././ If so can i change that seal without splitting the cases.

adam_0000

Oct 11, 2004
I just finished the rebuild on my 86 cr 80 and i bought it blown up. The guy i bought it off of said the kickstart wasnt working right. So i took apart the motor, removed the clutch assembly then the kick start assembly. Infront of my eyes was a lil hole grinded into the case by the gear justy before the spring in the kick start assemble .. Now the kick start is fine .. But is this hole a problem .. SHould i patch it up or ? :think:

bobit490

Jan 24, 2005
clean the area of any oil, get some Moose 2-part epoxy, patch it up and ride. i've done this countless times and, as long as it's not a huge "crack" you'll be fine. :cool:

bobit490

Jan 24, 2005
this cracked gen. cover didn't cause the pist. damage. most likely it "snagged" the pist. ring. and yes. the seal can be changed if there's no edge or lip in the crankcase. you need to know what your doing or you could damage it.

Top Bottom