scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Has anyone else been torn on which hop up parts to buy?

here's a sample ad:

This will give you .00005 hp gain at 11000 rpm during the summer, but only if you happen to be at the equater!!!! All for only $325.00.

Why is this a flame,

Because I can't stop buying them:confused:
I should just have my paycheck deposited right into the local shops account.
I love this sport:)

mgorman

May 8, 2000
I do the same thing for bicycles. Always buying something. I had enough parts in my garage last summer to build TWO complete bikes just by buying two close out frames and a couple innnertubes.

I don't understand why people hop up motors to begin with. 75% of the people out there can't even use all the power their bikes have to offer with the exception of the 125 class. I think it was Rick JOhnson that once said that even he couldn't use all the power his CR500 put out and he was one on the fastest riders around.

I had a friend that spent thousands on his 125 and still kept getting last in the 125 class. I told him he should spend his money on riding classes. He told me I was nuts. He's in last on a $7,000 125 and I am near the front of the 250 b class on a stocker. Hmmm, who's nuts?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Heck, what else are you gonna spend your money on? Something frivilous like groceries or rent? :confused:

That's one of the reasons we buy 'em. So we can trick 'em out!

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Is this like - "Shiny-Objects-Anonymus"- for dirt bikes?:confused:

My last purchase was a "race ready" bike right out of the crate. I explained to my wife that because it was race ready that I wouldn't have to go and by all those "things" to put on it. Well, about a grand later in suspension revalve, re-spring, carb tuning, trick PV cover, trick bar mounts, carbon tech reeds, flywheel weight. Oh the things I NEED are a glide plate/case guard, clutch cylinder and rear master cylinder guards, pipe guard, bigger gas tank, etc...

'01 GG XC 250

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
My biggest problem is I get one bike all done up, Then I want to getrid of it and get a new project.:confused: Often I'm happy wth the mods, but never ever satisfied. The grass is always greener.....

In fact I'm working out a deal on a new one right now. :) :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom