May 10, 2007
ok to start im not sure if this is in the right place but it looked sorta right sooooo

i want to get into Hare Scrambles. with that said i dont really know of any around where i live (which is southern PA) so if anyone knows of any nifty tips or any beginner friendly courses. i have been riding trails for awhile but just thought hey why not do it somewhat competitively.

so yeah thanks for any info/tips/anything else that would make me seem less stupid.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
if you are willing to take the drive to virginia and race, that would work. We have all kinds of harescrambles around here.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
flyingfuzzball said:
ok to start im not sure if this is in the right place but it looked sorta right sooooo

i want to get into Hare Scrambles. with that said i dont really know of any around where i live (which is southern PA) so if anyone knows of any nifty tips or any beginner friendly courses. i have been riding trails for awhile but just thought hey why not do it somewhat competitively.

so yeah thanks for any info/tips/anything else that would make me seem less stupid.

Fuzzball,

You need to see what AMA District you are in and then see if your district has a Hare Scrambles series. If so, then you can go to the website and get the classes and rules. That is your best start.

I live in Michigan and we have a pretty big series with about 13 events at about 9 or 10 tracks. I race Team class and trade on and off with my partner. We share the bike and expenses and we do have a RIOT. Our district (14) has 2 and 3 hour "solo" classes and beginner classes as well.

Good Luck Racing

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I'm pretty sure you would be in District6, so HERE is the 2009 harescramble schedule.

May 10, 2007
thanks scooter that helps alot.

so heres another question...

do you have to race each race in the series?

im guessing your wouldnt have to right?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Only if you were going for points at the end of the season, which I dont think would be an issue since you are just getting started.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Scooter. Its been a long time! If you are going to hit any of these hare scrambles, let me know. I will got to.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I doubt I will trigger, this economy is really hurting me right now. My riding will be limited to Lost trails where it only costs me my gas to get there. And from what I've been hearing, possibly Paragon in the not so distant future also. I know theres people who have been riding in the old Paragon area, but I also know of a few who have been fined there, so i will wait till Paragon is back again. (yes, I am confident they will be back from what I am being told. Paperwork is still being filed through the courts, and kyle and Steph have not given up)

And since we are on the subject of riding, I think we need to plan a spring ride at Lost Trails soon :ride: As soon as the snow is gone, I will be up there working on extending the single track and will need help getting it worn in.

Top Bottom