How To Make A Kdx A Dual Sport

cash_62

May 13, 2009
Or grab the kit from procycle.com...that's the one I got...a little more expensive, but adds a few features. I'm also opting for the TrailTech Vapor computer, black front fender, black seat cover, black MX style rear fender, and flush-mount (integrated) turn signals on front and rear...can't wait till it's done. I'm also adding an updated graphics package and some other goodies to the motor.
After I get all that done, I'll put FMF exhaust on it as finances permit.

fruitfarmer7

May 6, 2008
Depending on where you are, here in Michigan we only need to have hi/lo beam headlamp, horn, not neccesarily electric, rear view mirror, working brake light, and DOT tires. I bought a kit from sicass racing that does the job, it comes with a new rear fender with dual filament bulb, wiring harness, handlebar switch that has on/hi/lo and horn. Replacement bulb socket and bulb with two filaments. Also included was a 9.6 Nicad battery pack that you velcro to the number plate, and a charger, that you use to periodically recharge the battery pack. Almost forgot a hydraulic brake light switch. What I didn't realize is that the battery pack only powers the horn, as often as that is needed a battery from a smoke detector might work. No flashers, and the mirror wasn't included in the kit. Goes together pretty well, the rear fender in particular was a perfect fit. The tab however was $280+. Looks to me that you could pick up a brake light switch, rear, the tab has to be modified to fit it in. The light sockets appear to be similar to the old IT175 or 200's and might be available. Knowing what I know now I might try to cobble up something, but in fairness it works fine. We used to ride enduros with a dentist mirror for our rearview and a bicycle horn. It all depends on who is inspecting the bike. If you plan on doing much dual sporting you may want to try to go up one on the CS sprocket. Oh yeah you need to make provisions for carrying extra 2stroke oil or plan on buying more at fuel stops. Good luck.

Faze Man

Sep 16, 2008
I am using the Electric_Wire_Kit without the fender & tail lights. The original tail light work with a simple bulb replacement (D45-19-011) from the same company (w3 dot drcproducts dot con). This bulb replacent fits perfectly in the stock 200/220R tail light housing. As for the turn signals, I went w/ TYPE-586 for the rear and TYPE-602 clear for the front. I got single LED lights that I hooked up parallel to the front signals and mounted them in the dash area. This way I know if I left my signals on while riding. I also use a Trail Tech Vapor for a speedo/tach/ode/trip/engine temp. All in all, I am happy with this inexpensive kit. B.t.w. the horn sounds like a smoke detector so if you press it every few seconds, it will sound like a very big truck backing up (which really gets peoples attention) :laugh:

wildman88

Jun 21, 2009
I bought the Baja designs kit 4 or so years ago. Not cheap but plug and play.
Now it sits and collects dust. The bike is to light for the streets. It was fun for awhile but the power band sucks when cruising around. Also need to balance the tire and rim lots of shake at highway speeds.
I now use the light for night races. Fun racing around and honking the horn at slower riders. :)

Neil

Top Bottom