atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Ok, Completely took down the carb on my buddies XR200 today. It wouldn't run after setting all winter. Cleaned up all the jets and air passeges real nice, and reassembled. Flooding. Must have messed up the float height. No, they weren't in upsidedown, I checked. So I bent the little tab to close of the fuel valve a little sooner. No more flooding, but still wouldn't run. Got it to fire some, but no running. Played around with the air screw some, to no avail. So I'm looking for some quick advice on how to set the float height correctly, and where I should start with the air screw adjustment. Gotta get this bike running. He's buying my RM, I just got a 2001 YZ125 from my riding partner, he got a brand new SX125. Everybody is stepping up this season!

B

biglou

I think the search function is still messed up. I had a decent post a while back about it. The "quick and dirty" method is to set the seam in the floats parallel to the carb surface where the float bowl mates. Sounds to me like you may have some other problems, though. New plug?

Top Bottom