Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
:bang: Hey I have been trying to get my sag right on my 2003 RM250 but all I can get is 74mm and not the 95-105 that I require.

I have gone fully both ways and the measurement stays about the same and doesnt change at all. I have wound the spring so loose that if flops round and so tight that I cant get any more out of it and it hardly changes the sag amount at all.

I am measuring the static sag and rider sag and am doing it without gear (add 5mm) from seat bold to wheel nut etc.

I reset all my damping/soft and hard and also the slow and fast circuits on rear shock to the manual specs and still no joy.

This has me totally confused. I have set up sag on heaps of bikes before but never had something like this.

Could it be that my rear spring has compressed more than it should have and stayed that way?

What can I check or look for? :bang:

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Are your swing arm and linkage bearings ok? A seized or partly seized bearing could prevent the rear from sagging.

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Thanks guys, this will be the first thing I check tonight. They are well over due to be cleaned and inspected and re packed and greased.

Why didnt I think of that lol

Top Bottom