Feb 12, 2005
Husqvarna 400wrx

Hello all..Im new to forum and just picked up a Late 85 (WP frame#) Husky 400wrx...$460! Needs some work as it has been stored for the last 5 years. I had read something about there not being a service/shop manual for the Husqvarna?? I have mainly played with Hodakas. I learned how to ride on a 70's Husky 250 at 13yrs old ..that was 20 years ago!
I have a 1984 Husky 250CR coming next week as well.
Did Clymer, Chilton, or even Husqvarna make a service/repair manual for their bikes?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I appreciate any help given!

And I look forward to giving a hand in the "electrical/electronic Department" of bike repair. I am a Industrial Electronic Technician by trait and even own my own guitar amp shop. Specialize in Tube amps but will also repair solid states as well.

Last edited:

Feb 12, 2005
Oops correction 400wrx... I see the huskyclub has owners manuals and also exploded parts manuals but is there such a beast as a factory or aftermarket service manual similar to the one that kawasaki, honda, etc. puts out on their bikes or clymer or chiltons makes for certain brands/models.

Basically am not familar with the common ins and outs of Husky, but I realize its a 2-stroke and just about the same as a say a Kawasaki kx, Yamaha YZ, or Suzuki RM, etc. Of course ignoring the fact that the kiskstart and shifter are on opposing sides when compared to the Jap bikes. :laugh:

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
You gonna find that the bike is basically the same or easier to work on than the japanese bikes. The manuals they produced at that time were pretty inclusive. They also used the same parts for many years so anything you need in parts could be from a bike of a different year or size. Hall's is great for info on a husky of that age. If you want an aftermarket pipe, Uptite Husky in CA might have some for that bike714-540-2920.

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
I need to get my hands on a manual for my 610 WXC as well.... I'll check with Craig...My model didn't show up on his site, so I send him an email...

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
Noizeyneighbor:

you said:

"And I look forward to giving a hand in the "electrical/electronic Department" of bike repair. I am a Industrial Electronic Technician by trait and even own my own guitar amp shop. Specialize in Tube amps but will also repair solid states as well."

I've got an electrical question for you, regarding my husky bike...
I tried to send you a pm, but i don't have sufficient enough privileges...

If you see this, and are interested in helping me figure-out why my bike is melting stators, please pm me or email me @ cjt1234@juno.com

Thank's a lot~
(I know the thread's old)

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
I'm currently restoring a WR 400 as well, and one of the most helpful sources of info has come from the HuskyOwners group at yahoo. I would also recommend that you check out the PVP Cycles website -- great sources for parts for the WRX.

I'm not knocking the Husky Club, but you should check out the recent comments about it on the HuskyOwners Group.

I just bought a 86 430 WRX engine and whole bunch of other goodies from a guy in delaware for $250.00. All of the engine seals and bearings only had one hour on them, so I'm going to press them out and use them on the 400. Also picked a pristine 85 WR 400 piston, head, and cylinder (and other odds & ends) from another guy in Washington -- I'm going to use for the rebuild as well. The only new parts I needed was a crank rod and a complete gasket set. The rod alone was $250.00...The point here? Mid 80's husky parts can be found, but the new oem parts are pricey...so when you can find spares parts and it won't break the bank, buy 'em!

Good luck!

John

pursang262

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2000
I rebuilt an 82 430 last winter, and John at vintage husky had all the bearings, seals, gaskets and rings in stock at reasonable [about the same as jap bike] prices.

Top Bottom