Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Put a chimp in the best school in America and what do ya' have? ........A chimp.

"Best" is such a BS catch all that applies to anything depending on where you are at. Some kid with a 1975 Suzuki TS125 might think a 1985 RM250 is "the best" while somebody else may prefer a 2004 KTM 525. Maybe you like hotdogs better than lobster so a hotdog is "the best" meal. There are so many criteria that schools are judged on there is no way any school is the be all end all "the best" school. Even making such a statement shows how shallow and clueless you are. If something is verifiable as being "the best" then there shouldn't be any shame in proving up the statement let alone providing a name.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Ever think about driving a truck? Easy to learn and almost instantly employable. Strap the bike to the back of the cab and ride anywhere in the country :thumb:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Zerotact
Thanks, that is a very nice offer....

I am so sick and burned out on IT, I'd honestly take a slack job in a welding shop or something...
I mean I am only trying to replace a $300/week job........

Amen brother. I am burned out too.
I am thinking of a way out of the IT game...
No solid answers yet though. :ugg:

-jeffd

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Truck driving isn't so bad and you can make some good money. My dad got tired of driving a desk as a VP for Fuji so he told his boss off, sold the 32' Fountian and moved to NC (big trucking hub). He never had problems finding a job. He also never put up with any of the crap the companies tried to pull such as overloaded or log book lies. If they didn't like it he walked and went next door where he was generally given the keys to a brand new rig and a raise. He's been retired for a year now and is getting the itch to do some part time driving, maybe for Lowe's or some hotshotting cars. One thing about driving is that it's always in demand.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Let me edit my previous statement. The school is the best for Science and Technology...and the students do better as a whole than any other school on standardized tests given to every high school student in America. You may say that standardized tests are crap, but you've got to have some kind of system to rank students and these tests are what we use now.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
yzeater - What standardized test, what testing period, and what school and/or district?

I'm not here to dispute you, I'm just interested in looking at these rankings for my own personal interest. Do you have a link to the testing data that you're referencing?

FWIW, this is what I use for schools in my state: http://www.ses.standardandpoors.com

Your statements are nothing but conjecture unless you have the facts to back it up...

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
The PSAT used for National Merit Scholarships administered in the fall - we've set the record for highest number of national merit semifinalists for the past three years...200 out of 400 seniors this year? I could get the exact number, but I'm a little busy now.

The SAT used for college admissions administered at various times throughout the school year. Our graduating seniors have the highest average score in the nation - 1475.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
yzeater, that's pretty impressive. In our graduating class of 355 we had 32 NM semifinalists, the highest number in Ohio (although a smaller school had a slightly higher percentage). I was a finalist so now I get a lot of scholarship money which is really sweet! I'm going to LeTourneau Univ. in Texas and taking my bike. I can't wait for the summer to be over!

It's kinda weird going to a prestigious high school. Friends of mine are turning down Ivy League schools and others are getting scholarships to them... and then I'm going to a small private school no one has heard of. :-)

But that's waaaaay off topic...

As far as the job thing... I have a summer job, full time, working as an electronics technician, and I'm making quite a bit less than I think I'm worth... still haven't decided what to do about it yet. Zero, best of luck finding something better...

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom