i need help BAD (pshyciatric)

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
the fool i bought my bike off wanted an mx look and hacked out all the wires. no not hacked, BUTCHERED!!!!! i think ive worked most of the wiring out (i have no manual) but there r a few left over. does any1 know where the wires on the round cyliner type rubber coated thingy go. 1 is black and is still connected but the orange 1 isnt. where do i go please!!!!! and the plain red wires from the back blinkers go to _____?? PLEASE IM REALLY STUCK HERE any help would b hugely appreciated. Thanx all !!!!

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
i have no car and its 3hrs to get to the closest dealer & ive gotta go there to leave a deposit for them to order it. so does any1else have a wiring diagram or a link to where i might find 1. cheers

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
On this side of the pond, I go to my library and get a copy of the Clymer's manual. Even though I don't know what year you have, the Clymer manual is for '83-'88 and I expect that there hasn't been any change in the wiring since 1979.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
You could try buykawasaki.com for a picture. There you will find drawings of the wiring, but no color codes. I would not assume that a mid-eighty's wiring diagram is the same as a '98.

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Be careful with the US wiring diagrams. The Australian model comes complete with all road gear, indicators brake lights, horn, high and low beam headlight etc. There should be a heap more wiring on your bike than indicated by the US wiring diagrams.
The

aussie_ab

Jan 4, 2003
Whats going on up there tinytev from NSW?? Like Robcolo says, "get the manual mate"!! You seem to be overhauling the thing right now and sending parts for modification like your top end, so when your putting the thing back together you WILL need the manual. MX shops in Sydney will send you one over the phone....... all the best brother....... AB

Top Bottom