oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
This weekend I met a guy who has a small side business at races renting helmet cams. I talked to him about DW and think I have him hooked on going. His deal is he supplies the equipment and you go rip up the woods or track for about 20minutes and then he produces a VHS or DVD of your footage right on site. Prices are in the $30 area (not sure exactly). These are high quality cams and the results are fantastic. He did one of Aztalan Cycle track before the races this weekend for our website and it turned out great.
I gave him contact info for DW and I tink he is really serious about going.
Just thought I would try to get a feel for the interest to help him and Okie work a deal

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
I might be interested in that, Dave. While on the subject, has anybody heard anything about the 2003 DW double DVD set. Thanks
Jerry

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'd love helmet cam video, from DW03 or DW04.

I too was looking forward to the DW03 video, so I wont get to excited about '04 footage.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow, that'd be cool! I'd do it!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm not responsible for that!

So, we are going to rent a helmet cam to video other people riding? Shouldn't they have to pay for it? :p

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:

So, we are going to rent a helmet cam to video other people riding? Shouldn't they have to pay for it? :p
????
Okie I talked to Thump about it. The guy would be a vendor supplying everything needed and turning over a finished product to each customer.
He should be contacting Thump about working out the details this week

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Okiewan said:

I know.

Okiewan said:
So, we are going to rent a helmet cam to video other people riding? Shouldn't they have to pay for it?

I'd gladly dish out some ching for a DVD of some trails I have ridden. It would be cool to show it to those people I've been trying to get to DW.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Sounds like it could be pretty cool. I could start everyday off by re-living my spodeness via DVD.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sounds like a great idea, not for me though all I'd see was the tip of my front fender with the odd look back to see who the heck was passing me now :laugh:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
rv6junkie said:
I know.

I'd gladly dish out some ching for a DVD of some trails I have ridden. It would be cool to show it to those people I've been trying to get to DW.

I got some helmet camera footage of the trails there. Only problem is it was all taken in first gear since my shifter lever fell off while filming. :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Timr has some great footage of Bundy on the trails at DW. And I don't think Bundy knows what first gear is! I sure would like to see it again someday... Is Timr still alive?

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Im bringin my helmet came for sure!!!! I dont care if we watch all of the footage night after night. I plan to video as much as possible!! That is while im on my bike! I might even rent someone my helmet :)
Cory is bringing a projection screen :ride:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
CAL said:
Timr has some great footage of Bundy on the trails at DW. And I don't think Bundy knows what first gear is! I sure would like to see it again someday... Is Timr still alive?

I sent Pokie his tapes back a couple of weeks ago. You can't fit 14+ hours of hi res footage on one 80 gig hard drive. Basically, I worked on it in chunks until there was no room for processing. I made a couple of disks, Tony Eeds got one for Christmas. I then sent one to Okie that wouldn't read in a player. That was my fault, I forgot to test it. then, I created a new disc image that wouldn't render and basically shut my machine down. I'm kinda out of resources. But, just this week, I bought another new hard drive to drop into my box. this will be hard drive #3. If could at least render what I have it would be pretty good and about 1.5 hours long. If I can get past that point, I still have about 6 more segments to edit from raw to finished version and then rebuild the DVD menu.

I'm sorry, but there are other things going on with my job and family that have forced me to back burner this project in addition to the shut down of my PC.

If I can get something done in time, I will overnight it to Pokie so you guys can check it out.

BTW, DVD replication is going to be a whole nother can of worms.

Sorry.

bronco95tgp

Aug 14, 2004
Timr, I have already posted a thread about this, but I see you are from birmingham, and are talking about helmet cam's... I also see though that you do not ride a crf 450, I was riding at Coalmine Mountain today with a buddy, and a younger guy, (maybe mid 20's, not sure cause he never took off his helmet) stopped at a spot where my friend and I were taking a break and asked if he could follow us and film for a bit, he did and we put on a show for him including my friend and I both going down in some slick as owl **** mud holes. He left us without saying goodbye or trading names and numbers, I would really like to get a copy of that video! If ya know of a guy like this, hollar at me, please!!!

Top Bottom