International Shipping Advice - Husaberg Engine

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I'm selling a '00 Husaberg FX600E engine and I've got a guy in Australia that's very interested. I know nothing about shipping 75lb engines internationally - the extent of my international shipping is xmas presents to the in-laws in Germany thru USPS....

Who is the easiest/cheapest carrier to use? I need a solid estimate so this guy can decide if it's worth it or not.

Thanks,

Brian

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cheapest would be via container on a ship. The best way to get the lowest price and set it up is via a freight forwarder in your area. Expect it to take 6-9 weeks to arrive.

Easiest way is via DHL but it will cost more. Go to their web site and type in the dimensions of the box, the weight and delivery point and you'll get an idea of the cost.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I have shipped several engines with Fedex ground and had good results. I've used rubbermaid containers filled with padding and then drill holes in the lid and tyrap it shut. I've received a few engines the same way as well, although none went/came from as far as Australia. You can go to www.fedex.com and put in weights/dimensions and get pretty accurate quotes.

Top Bottom