slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit and thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I have been meaning to do this for a while now but, as my username suggests, I'm a procrastinator! :cool:

My name is Kevin and I'm 36. I enjoy motorcycles, offshore boats, long walks on the beach ...hey wait a minute.... wrong website. :)

Anyway, I just got back into riding. First bike was a Hodaka Ace 100. Last bike I owned was an 86 XR250. I grew-up riding in SoCal places like Texas Canyon, El Mirage, California City etc.. Moved east in early 90's and didn't ride off-road 'til now.

A month or so ago I picked up a 97 XR400 for myself, a TRX250 quad for the wife (she wants a bike now so it's for sale!) and an XR 70 for our 8 year old daughter. Been out 4 or 5 times now and everyone is having a blast!

I feel like I never stopped riding at all! (I have had street bikes so) My only problem apart from being a little out of shape is the darn humidity out here! That and who's idea was it to grow so many (expletives deleted) trees so close to each other?:scream:

That's my story!

Kevin aka slacker00

ps. Anyone else in the Charlotte area hang out here? Wife is gonna be out of town so I'm solo riding this weekend. Anyone going to TNT or ??

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Welcome!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I remember when I was a longtime peeker first time poster. ;) Just one post and I was hooked.

Check the "Places to ride" forum for rides in your area. I'm sure that you will find some great people to hook up with.

Welcome to DRN Family.

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
Truespode

We went to TNT last month for the first time. My daughter spent most of the day on the mini mx track and had a ball! It was only her second day riding her 70!

I think I'm gonna go Saturday as well. I will be driving a maroon Jeep Wrangler hauling a 6x12 trailer with a white XR400 on it.

I did a couple laps on the track. I don't remember jumps being that big when I was younger. :) I think I need a little more seat time on the 400 before I get too crazy on that track.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by slacker00

ps. Anyone else in the Charlotte area hang out here? Wife is gonna be out of town so I'm solo riding this weekend. Anyone going to TNT or ??

I'll be moving down to Charlotte in the next month, keep me in mind and we will hook up to go riding.

MikeT

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
Originally posted by MikeT
I'll be moving down to Charlotte in the next month, keep me in mind and we will hook up to go riding.
Will do! Just post a message when ya get here!

Originally posted by Truespode
I like the trails there too. We can hit a few laps. Just don't leave me in the dust... I have low self esteem
Yeah the trails sound great to me. I did a couple loops last time.

Top Bottom