JesterRR

Jun 21, 2005
My daughter rides a 1998 JR50. It doesn't seem to have the pep it needs, so I've purchased a larger rear sprocket (4 up) and installed it on the bike, but now I have a chain problem. I purchased a new chain simply because the stock 1 was to short once I installed the new sprocket. Now the chain is either to long, or to short, depending on where I adjust it. I know it sounds funny, but I can't get it into adjustment correctly. From the looks of it, I need a chain guide, but I've looked everywhere, and can't find any information on them for the JR50. I know they don't come with them, but I figured maybe someone out there has had the same problem, and rigged something up. Any ideas??

Also, does anyone know where I can get a decent spark arrestor that will bolt onto her stock pipe? I have to get one before we can go trail riding.

Finally, I'm also looking for a cheap spark arrestor for my 98 RM125. I wanted to post this in the wanted section, but the site isn't allowing me to post there. Any ideas on this? Thanks a ton.

JesterRR

Jun 21, 2005
If by restrictor you mean the bolt that's in the exhaust, then no, not yet. I has no muffler on it, and I'm worried about noise here in the hood. Once I get a spark arrestor for it, I'll take that out. Unless you're talking about something else??

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
They come with a washer between the headpipe and the cylinder.

I've heard of some with restrictors in the intake manifold, but I've never seen one.

Don't worry about the noise. The "silencer" doesn't silence much on these bikes.

TEEEE

Jul 18, 2004
Make sure the washer Vic referred to is out, that will make a big difference. I haven't had the carb/intake apart on ours to look for a restrictor on that side, but I plan to do that soon.

Consider the low gear modification that's been discussed here. I just did it to ours a few weeks ago. On last weekend's ride my son went up some trails that he would NEVER have made without the lower gear.

Top Bottom