July 24 & 25 Safety Awareness & Countermeasures Class

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Matt and I took this class in September last year, over in Florence, SC. For the first 3-4 months thereafter I really practiced, used and applied what I had learned, and my riding was much improved and I stopped falling.

Then I got slack and stopped practicing the drills and had several nasty falls this Spring, until I started doing some of the drills and practicing the skills again. Now Matt and I are taking the class again in July, and have another GOR rider (MXRider) and his boys taking the class too. There is room for another few riders, so let me know.

We both got a lot out of this class, and feel it made us safer riders. It was fairly intensive, 7-10 hours each day (slightly less for kids). The class may be done at Aonia, or perhaps elsewhere if more convenient. That is flexible.

See details below for more info.

Following are excerpts of Dennis Medsker's letter to me of 6-11-04

RE: July 24 & 25 Safety Awareness & Countermeasures Class

Hi Joe:

The above July dates of 24 & 25 will work fine for me. Please let me know if these dates will work equally as well for those interested in taking this program.

In order to teach a 2-day class to 6 to 10 students requires a cost of $250.00 per student. This means that I need a minimum of 6-students to hold the class and am limiting the class size to a maximum number of 10-students.

This two-day program includes the following pre-class study materials:

1. Two audiocassette tapes for students to review both before &
after the class

2. One 18” x 24” black & white safety awareness poster

3. One safety manual and learning text

In order to maximize the educational benefits of this class it is necessary to mail out their pre-class study materials a minimum of three weeks in advance to the date of the class (July 24 &25). However, a longer pre-class study time would be more desirable. So, I will need the names and addresses of all students who plan to take this safety class and have matriculated (prepaid) for it so that I can mail out their pre-class study materials.

This safety program is being offered through Georgia Off-Road with you as their class coordinator. This means that they should work through you to register and matriculate for the class.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

With Kindest Regards,

Dr. Medsker

College President
John 3:16 John 14:6

03 KX250
02 KTM65 (Matt's- age 7)
Yamaha Wolverine (My better half's)
JR50 (Kate's-age 3&1/2)
PW80- My pit bike.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
ps- Dennis trained Jeff Stanton while Jeff was at his prime in the late 80's and early 90's, he has worked extensively with Gary and David Bailey in the mid to late 80's, and he is currently training a professional racer , James Povolny. James finished 9th at Budd's Creek on June 20:

250 Results
1. Ricky Carmichael HON
2. Chad Reed YAM
3. David Vuillemin
4. Kevin Windham HON
5. Michael Byrne KAW
6. Ernesto Fonseca HON
7. Heath Voss YAM
8. Tim Ferry YAM
9. James Povolny HON

Here is some info I found on James and Dennis on a quick search:

"July 8th, Millville MN - Povolny Handles the Heat At Spring Creek Super Series #5, Berms and Blacktop Day

Spring Creek Super Series, Round #5

by George and Karen Hodkinson

James Povolny handled the heat from both the competition as well as the extreme temperatures and tropical humidity that sat in the valley around the Spring Creek MX park near Millville MN, causing the heat index to be around one hundred degrees as Povolny won the hard fought overall wins in 250A and +25A classes. Povolny is being trained by Dr. Medsker, who was once David Bailey's trainer, and Dr. Medsker was "in the house" at Spring Creek with Povolny and Mike Kann. Bob Rathcamp, owner of Sinisalo, was also in attendance at Spring Creek as Rathcamp is a former MN resident and racer. The day was sponsored by Berms and Blacktop, and numerous prizes and certificates were awarded to racers from Berms and Blacktop. Bruce, the owner of Berms, has gotten into the art of tire changing at the races recently, and even a particular journalist/ suspension tuner (who hates changing tires) may have been seen carrying a rim over to the Berms and Blacktop trailer. Allen Reed, a local Rochester celebrity and radio personality, joined Scott Steinle and George Hodkinson in the tower with race commentary throughout Sunday's events.

The weekend marked a break in the pro national schedule, and that brought out some of the top riders in the Midwest, both veterans with names like Povolny, Keeney, Backes and Pederson and up starts like Kann, Broughton, and Judnick. The 250A class probably was one of the most talked and watched races of the weekend. Former Fort Dodge Iowa resident, transplant to Waseca MN, Chad Pederson, showed why he is still a force to be reckoned with as the former factory support rider won the first moto with Povolny all over his back tire on his Dr Medsker/ TMR CR250 at the end."

http://www.jamespovolnyjr.com/sponsor.asp

Can you tell James and Dr. Dennis impress me?
John 3:16 John 14:6

03 KX250
02 KTM65 (Matt's- age 7)
Yamaha Wolverine (My better half's)
JR50 (Kate's-age 3&1/2)
PW80- My pit bike.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Every minute spent with Dr. Medsker is worth days of not getting hurt and riding faster. I was amazed at how perceptive he was of little things I was doing and was impressed by how well he explains the rationale behind his suggestions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom