Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well i found this site from yzman, so hes to blame for my apperance :) here hehe. i returned to the dirt last oct, from a 12 year layoff from dirt bikes inwhich i rode street bikes mainly sport bikes, and did some roadracing. ive been on sometype of bike since i was 11 and i have now reached 31 how im not sure but i have. im married with furr kids, i since getting back into dirt have done mainly trails riding, but i have recently joined the battle creek moto club, so i now have a closer place to ride being i live way down here in kzoo michigan. i look forward to meeting and riding :ride: with you guys. :yeehaw:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yep I led Jim down the road to the WMTR's. Its all downhill for him now aint it.... :laugh:

Jim's a great guy. I have rode with him a few times now and had a blast every time. Godzuki you should fit in just fine around this group of yahoo's. Just keep an eye on a few of these cagey fellas around yere like Inca and Woodsy. Ya never know what these fellas are scheming. :yikes:

Welcome aboard. :cool:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
HI JIM/GODZUKI - WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!
I am confident that, since you have ridden with Don you know you cant believe everything he tells you.. As a matter of fact, statistically speaking, I would say that you can believe about 50% of what he says.. I came to this TOTALLY reasonable conclusion because I happen to know that he is 50% correct about his comment concerning Young Ted (INCA) and myself (Woodsy). Most definitly you must be VERY careful around INCA - this is the 50% that Don is correct about.. Concerning myself I can vouch that I am 100% trust worthy and reliable for everything from perfect directions (in life as well as in trail leadership) and just a VERY good person to have around - especially if you happen to have extra food on hand :eek:
Anyway, welcome to the forum!! GLAD YOU CAME FULL CIRCLE :cool:

Woodsy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Godzuki has the good manners to introduce himself and you two submit entries to the Tall Stories Contest. Did someone say there is no honor among thieves? I have no choice but to live up to the accusations. Just because I'm not riding before 10/23 doesn't mean I'm staying completely off the trails. Enough said for now.
In all seriousness Godzuki - the more the merrier and you couldn't get involved with a finer group of people.

Young Ted

dnrtheil

Mar 18, 2003
Hey neighbor, nice to see there are other people in this area (moved down to Portage from Kazoo this past January) that actually ride. Everybody I meet is always from some other place, or says Kalamawho. Our stories are pretty close as far as riding goes I got back into dirt bike riding last August, after an 18-year layoff. Stopped riding dirt bikes and started with street bikes, got married no kids, never road raced, but have turned a few laps at Gingerman and Gratten during open practices, also ride snowmobiles. I also mainly trail ride, however I have tried two different MX tracks, Crossings in Valparaiso, IN (Where I am originally from, city not the track) and the track in Martin, MI right off 131. Do you have any info on the BC track or a web link? Always looking for places close to home to ride.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
hello to you to neighbor, im actually in oshtemo, but i get the oshtemwhat thing more than the kalamwhat thing hehe. yea i rode the martin track to right after it rained (not a good time to visit there) it was tough, very very slippery clay all over the place, later in the afternoon it started to dry one line out, but most of the jumps there are do or die, and im still not realy confident in my jumping ability yet im getting there but not on do or die jumps. i dont know if battle creek has a web site ill ask somebody this week about it. its a nice track no realy do or die jumps and if you dont want to hit the jump at all you can just go around it. they also have a pee wee track, and a vintage woods track, with a bridge on it. i know the only way you can join is to have a member invite you to a meeting, and they have to vote you in, then your on a 1 year probation period before they give you a key to the track. also you have to work 45 hours a year at the track. that way everybody helps out and the track stays nice for us all. im still in the year probation but i do have 53 hours in. there is another guy in portage that i ride with, hes on the thumpertalk.com web site i met yzman on. on that site hes wolfchild, he rides a drz400 nice guy to. yea im still in street bikes, an im looking to get back into roadracing again to, if i can just sell my wifes xr 200 that would generate enough cash for that project hehe yep gingerman and grattan are my 2 track i did frequent, i was an instructor at grattan for a few years during my fast year i guess before i got married, and put on 40lbs (yea shes a good cook alright) i have since getting back on dirtbikes lost 20 of those and i started back at the gym powerhouse over on consitution blvd about a month ago. so im starting to pick up some endurance to last some of the longer rides. maybe we can car pool up there i have a truck and a small 5x8 trailor, that i have set up for 3 bikes but i havent acutally tried 3 yet, its only 2 rite now.

and as for the other to posts there hehe ill keep a eye out for kick me signs on the back of my chest protector hehe jk im sure well all get to ride soon thanks for the welcome here. now do you have to pay to advertise in the classifieds here thats what im seeing but i havent taken the long stroll around the site yet. again thanks jim

dnrtheil

Mar 18, 2003
Godzuki, I know what you mean about the do or die jumps. They have plenty of space at Martin, why not bring the dirt from some other part of the area rather than from the backside of the jump. Only time I have been there was with my brother, nephew and sister-in-law. We went the day the track was offering $10.00 to ride all day, rather than the $15.00 membership and $15.00 daily riding fee. It was dry and warm, everything was going well till I noticed my oil cap came off my bike sometime during the day, so I rode my sister-in-laws XR100 till I found my brother under his bike on the backside of a jump. He decided to “go for it” on what he thought was a double. He landed on the face of the third jump, luckily he walked away with just a very sore lower back. Not sure when I’ll ride again, lots of stuff to get done around the house. Thanks for the info about BC.

Top Bottom