Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We have Guy down as attending, some stuff has come-up and he may not be able to be there this year :( MAYBE he can make it the first few days... and is hoping he can.

Sorry folks, it's a business thing having to do with new model releases and travel he can't miss.

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
That's allright, I'll try to do my immitation of his chest on the bars while riding the back wheel up the stair case. At least we can do a few laps for him.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
For those of us that saw that, and the MASSIVE SICK WHIPS over the 100' tables... you'll be missed Guy. They say RC has the whip, he's got nothing on Coop.

For the noobs out there... Guy was the original AIR... and to this day, lays it out large. MC gets credit for starting Free Style, not true, Coop was getting the big air and having fun with it long before.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It was cool to watch Coop and Dr. D go at it last year. Those guys were having a blast, and so were we, getting a rare glimpse at greatness.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Agree on both the whips and especially wheelying up that whooped out hill before the start/finish line. Wow, simply amazing. The other amazing one was how he practically idled up to the first table (I was flagging it), wiping rain off his goggles, then looked up to see the table just as his front wheel was about to start up it, then gave it some gas and CLEARED it. That KTM 540 has some torque!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I remember reading an article on whips with Cooper long ago. There were pics of him whiping it between two trees .... like the trees in Cooperland. Very little room for error. The man is something else. He'll be missed.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Those were the trees at CL Rooster. Ya know he sort of blows my whole "I'm slow because I'm older now" excuse.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I thought that red dirt in the pictures in that article looked familiar!!

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
I was lucky enough to be video taping the pit bike races when Coop and Mick were messing around. Those whips were amazing! :worship: I also got tape of the stairsteps with Dr. D. :yeehaw:
Jerry

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Lou, thanks for postng that pic of Coop, it is now my background (theres something about a nice Orange bike ;) )

Top Bottom