KDX 125 SR Front Disk Rotor Fitment?

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Greetings from Japan again!

I just about have the KDX sussed, I am waiting on the Boyesen Power reeds, part 607, they tried to sell me the "Pro" reed at about twice the price, but thanks to everything I've read here I didn't bite. I am also waiting for the Kehin needle I need, of course being IN Japan where they make the stuff I have to wait over a week for parts!
I've decided not to tune it any more until I get ALL of the parts.

I am also going to Super Motard this bike, there are some very fun twisty tight tracks here in Japan, not to mention mountain roads too, and the KDX on street rubber will just hoon! The rear wheel is 18", and I got a spare front wheel, that I will take the hub from, and I found another 18" 36 hole rim, so spoke and I'll have a set of 18" Motard rims. I know 17" is the way to go, but they cost BIG BUCKS! The spare front wheel that I have is without the brake rotor. Now I found a "Full Floating" rotor for a KDX 125 SR, the guy doen't know the year, but he thinks it will fit. It costs about $80 US. This would be for the street rims, so I think the full floating disk would be better. I know that for true SM bikes you should fit a brembo or something, but I want to retain the swap-ability of the stock brakes. I will have to have disc specific pads, but that is not a big deal.

Well any light you guys can shed on this would be of help.

Cheers!

Oh, here is a link to the pic on the auction site, I hope it works.

http://img25.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/5/4/3/4/pixy_pi-img600x450-1009987029kdx125-01.jpg
pixy_pi-img600x450-1009987029kdx125-01.jpg

Top Bottom