owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
I have to say, The KDX is an awesome motocross bike too. When I first got the bike I stayed in the woods until I started missing the JUMPS of a MX track. I finally loaded up the KDX and went to Talking Rock MX in Ga. and it was AWESOME and today went to Lanier MX and this bike rocks in the woods OR MX. I was staying with most riders on every brand and size bike. It handles doubles like there is no tomorrow and the cornering is awesome. I will be racing it as a sleeper in mx for sure.

Obie #8

P.S. My KDX is unidentifiable as a KDX as I have removed the graphics and replaced them with black backgrounds, removed the headlight, and a black front fender and MX style black rear fender(that way I wont imbarrass them too bad by letting them know a woods bike SMOKED them) HAHAHA!!! :)

2TMAN

Apr 28, 2002
really

Surely you must have made a few mods to the suspension. I'm thinking about taking mine (2000 KDX200) to the local track, so interested to hear.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
Race tech springs

All i've done with the suspension is add Race Tech springs to the front end per Jeff Fredetts instructions set them with 10mm preload and adjusted my clickers per MX-Techs instructions on this link http://www.mx-tech.com/tuning.asp The suspension does great as is, just get the proper springs in the front end and set your rear sag and get your clickers RIGHT and it is as good as the rest. I wouldn't be writing you now if it didn't work :) I would probably be in ICU. HAHAHA

Obie

P.S. I weigh 180, and it's a 2002 KDX 200

Last edited:

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
I agree! My '99 KDX 200 is good on the track too. Thanks to nicely set up forks (thanks Sage) and the standard mods the bike keeps up with all my buds on their YZ 250s. The only real problem that I have with it is the weight. It sure is a pig in the air! Oh yeah, the freakin' rims are wayyy too soft! Other than that, it handles the big doubles great!

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
WMX 200 - MX and Woods Fun!

I'm building my 2001 200 to perform decently on the track as well as the woods, note my signature. This is my dream machine! I realize that I will have a decent MX and Woods playbike, but not an 'A' class machine in neither. But hey, I am a 'C' class weekend warrior so no biggie!! I UNDERSTAND THE COMPROMISE THAT MUST BE MADE..

Suspension setup - RaceTech springs and gold valves, stacks for intermediate, stacks 'stiffer' than woods but softer than true MX stack. Decent in both worlds, but not optimized to be the best in either.

Motor mods - RB Carb work, boyesen 607 power reeds, airbox mod. Stock porting for now. FMF Rev pipe and TC II. Yes, Rev pipe, that is part of my MX setup that is a must. Jetting will change depending on riding for the day, as I am learning that you can dramatically change the power delivery via the jetting.

My signature tells my story here.... I too can not give up the track and I can not afford two bikes according to my wife.... And heck, half of the fun is building and tuning! Pics coming soon, all black and green, no cheesy graphics! :cool:

Top Bottom