angst2

May 24, 2001
Got a decision to make. I have two bikes and it is time to sell one. I have the following.
2000 cr125. Owned for 2 years paid $2500 for. SST pipe, shorty silencer, TAG bars, v force reed block. just replaced piston and back tire and sprocket. Needs fork seals and presumably brake pads are contaminated with oil as stopping power is poor.

2001yz125 newly aquired got a good deal at $1500. Stock pipe no dings, renthal sprocket and bars, excel rims. recently done 2mm bore. need back shock rebuilt. back tire at about 50%of life.

So, love the ergomomics on the honda. I have struggled since I owned it trying to get more grunt out of the bottom though by buying aftermarket parts. I realize that this bike is bad for that but I just want to be able to wheelee. With the new piston its a kind-of but not really. Many people discouraged me for doing a bigger bore on this bike.

The Yamaha has real good bottom but does not seem to wind out the way the honda can. The ergonomics do not seem near as good (in fact they are not good at all) but perhaps I can put my TAG bars on the yamaha to fix some of that. I bought the Yamaha originally to take friends a few times and then try to make a couple bucks on, but now I am waivering a little on which bike to sell.
Im a 5th year rider 195lb. mostly trail but do enjoy the track and race a couple beginner class races a year.
any thoughts?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I wold be thinking it is easier to make the YZ confortable than to change the Honda motor.

An applied "wrap" top triple clamp will raise the bars and move them foreward. Doug Henry bars work perfectly. Total cost @ 200.00. A higher seat will finish the package off. Figure 100.00 for that. I did these mods to my 97 YZ (same plastic as your 01) and it is extremely comfortable. Even at 5'10 the bike fits better.

Studboy is way over 6 feet tall and liked the way my bike feels.

Top Bottom