mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
kendall saw the ortho doc today. she has a grade 1 ac separation. she's out 4-6 weeks. she'll be cutting it close for dirtweek. she's bummed but i think she got off easy (compared to what i always got stuck with). here's some info i picked up off the net:

Shoulder separation refers to an injury to the acromio-clavicular joint or AC joint. The AC joint is located at the tip of the shoulder.

What causes it?

The injury is most commonly a result of a direct impact on the shoulder. The injury is classified according to its severity.

Grade I separation occurs when the ligaments holding the joint together (the acromio-clavicular capsule and ligaments) are bruised, but still mostly intact.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jay:

Give her my best and tell her I expect to see her cutting laps at DW, even if it is just to get back in the groove.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hope she feels better soon, Jay.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Glad the diagnosis isn't as severe as originally thought, that being said shoulder separations are extremely painful and uncomfortable. Lot's of rest and heal up fast Kendall, look forward to meeting you guys at DW.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Glad to hear the prognosis is good. NO MORE Heartland Spodes are allowed to be injured this year by order of the President!

Top Bottom