TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
From what I read I was not sure if the date was firm of not for this ride. I grew up in this area (Muse) and would love to ride it. I am not sure if there is allot of single track in that area, but I know there is allot of logging roads in the Honobia area.

Would it be possible to move the time up to labor day weekend? That is the 4th - 6th Sept. maybe ride two full days??

I have been told that there is a big riding area with lots of trails on the other side of the valley, by Mena Arkansas. As a crow flies that would be due east of where you fellas met last time. I would say about 40 miles or so on the other end of the mountain. I will check more into this and find out where exactly.

As far as Honobia goes, it is south west some what from Talhania. It is only 20 mile or less. That area is really great, but not sure about how much single track trails if any.

Well if any of this helps out let me know. Would like to ride with you fellas if I can get off work. Thanks Lee

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Just thought I would ask. Also I was in that area today for a family dinner. I asked some of the local folks who ride the area on 4 wheelers. They said to camp at Billy Creek area, it is on the other end of the mountain. They said lots of trails and much better riding than the other camp site. Said there are miles and miles of trails that go up the mountain and back towards Muse area. It is an idea, I will drive up in a week on a day off and check this area out. Will get back to you on it. Thanks Lee

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
My vote is to return to Talimena State Park and ride the Indian Nations Trail again. Harley knows those trails well, and they are awesome.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I'm for doing both..... :)....... I'm ready to return to Kiamichi but would also like to ride this other area also. Treetalker, I sent you a email about this so maybe we can go sometime. Everyone else is certainly welcome to go too.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
The other area Treetalker described sounds very nice. I'd like to ride there too, it's just a matter of timing.

If you plan something for that area let me know and I'll see if I can make it.

Seldon

Top Bottom