SiX_Fo

Apr 22, 2004
I have recently taken apart the bottom end on my nephews jr50 to modify the shifter in order to make a 2-speed. I had it all together but the kickstarter does not stay up. It fals when it's running and also won't return back up when you kick it. Can anyone help me here?? I'm tired of taking it apart and putting it back together to no avail. thanx. peace

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
This seems obvious, but it sounds like the return spring is improperly installed
or broken.

SiX_Fo

Apr 22, 2004
jr50 kick starter problem

I have taken apart my nephew's jr50 to modify the shifter in order to make it a 2-speed. The only problem is that the kickstarter will not rebound to it's original position. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. he's in hell right now without it. thanx. ride on

Last edited:

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
It sounds like the spring isn't in the right spot to make it rebound???

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Vic said:
This seems obvious, but it sounds like the return spring is improperly installed
or broken.

DuaMcb

Jun 21, 2004
You need to load the spring by winding it up a trun and have in the kick lever in the down stroke position and hold it there untill you push the cover all the way on. Make sure the all the parts that are attached to the inside of the case that work with the spring line up with the parts on the spring and kick start rod. If you don't you will damage internal parts just by tourquing the case on. You may want to check for fractures on the lever with the roller bearing that conects to the part that is attached to the outside of the spring. If fractued replace it. Good luck!!

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
did you get that screw plug back in the right spot on the case? if you look behind the lever where it exits the case there is what appears to be a plug. that plug screws into a slot on the spring. if you missed the slot the spring will not rebound properly.

you shouldnt have to try and preload it like above just get the slot to align with the plug once the cover is in place.

how does he like the low gear? my boy was having trouble topping hills becuase i had the throttle stop adjusted to keep him slowed down.

now we just start it for him and tell him to use "strong muscles gear" as he calls it.

he loves the little thing and now that mom can go out and ride with him it'll be worn out before we can hand it down to our daughter LOL

Top Bottom