Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
The grinding sounds like some mis-placed miniscus. When I was in my doc's said that this seems to happen fairly often, one part of the miniscus will fold over and get suck in the knee.

You "loose" knee cap is most likely a result of all the swelling. I could move my knee cap all over the place when mine was swollen.

Anne, I know what you're talking about with the leg that bends sideways :eek: I tore my MCL (and PCL and miniscus) and when I went in the docs had my lay on a table. Then they pulled my leg out sideways until it was about a 45 degree angle and said "Does this hurt, can you feel it?" Ummm, no :scream:

I injured mine in soccer. Wet field, another player executed a slide tackle, but his legs caught me right below the knee. My cleet got stuck in the ground, head over....nothing, my foot was still flat on the ground bending my knee completely backwards and folding outward (MCL tear) due to the other players momentum. Loud snapping noise, instant pain, no weight bearing, swelling. I went straight to the doctor. 15 Total months healing time, 12 with 2.5-3hr 6days/week physical therapy. The two most important things to remeber are keeping the swelling down and getting the motion back. Put those first and then work on the strength. Good luck, and I'm sorry. Knee injuries are :uh:

-Andrew

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Hang in there, Eddie. Believe it or not---time goes by pretty fast and you will be riding again before you know it. Just curious--did you have braces on? If so, what type? I have 2 CTI2's and will NEVER ride without them again. Let me know about the MRI when you get it done...

Faded---you're makin' me cringe all over again! Ouch! Reminds me of the idiot in the emergency room xrays---he made me bend my knee all the way up and hold it there for a frontal view and said "I know this hurts, but I need to get an xray from this view" MORON---the doctor looked at that and said "boy I bet that hurt--and there was no need for that xray." Glad it is over with for me.....

Top Bottom