KX Fork Conversion Brake Line Routing Question

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
Hi to all you KX fork conversion graduates. My question is kind of specific, and I haven't found anything in the search forum about it. Has anyone found lower fork protectors that will fit 99 KX forks and clamp the brake line ( ala CR Honda style ) so that you can use the stock KDX brake setup? :clue: Almost all factory MX race bikes use this setup. I'm using 99 KX forks and they originally used the "wrap under the fork tube and then follow the fork protectors up" method of brake line routing. Help or ideas greatly appreciated!

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
Rcannon - I don't know that I've actually seen one of these...Are they something that would mount to the stock 99 KX fork protectors? I'm also concerned that the stock protectors might not be strong enough with the protector guides removed.

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
tedkxkdx - Thanks! It looks like a good idea. Are your acerbis gaurds strong enough to take "trail" abuse without the guides in place? I've been looking at a lot of brake line setups lately, and I noticed that the factory Yamaha motocross bikes are using an angled brake clamp that looks very trick!

Top Bottom