kx125 what year?(I know how silly this looks)

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
starting to re-jet what I think is a 01or02 kx125 so I figured I would begin at stock jetting. The bike was running fine but fouling plugs at a high rate so I figured I would use Spanky's guide to see me through. The air screw was out about a1/4 inch out but I wasn't sure how many turns this was so I turned it all the way in and backed it out 2 turns to begin. Bike fired ran and fouled a plug but when it ran the choke was on and it idled abit, then the idle went high, I turned the choke off and the idle slowed then went high on its own- I turned the screw out until the idle went down(at least 2 more turns out from 2 out) then began playing with it when the plug fouled. I cant get it started now so I have decided to put it back to stock and start from there. Apon looking at stock specs(my jets are not numbered) The difference between the 01 & 02 are different. Anyhow my question is: Does anyone know how to find the year off a VIN#? The sticker is missing off the steering head but the #JKAKXRLC31A022577 remains.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
You can go to Kawasaki's website, and go to parts diagrams under owner info, and find out from your vin what the year is.

It shows that your bike is 2001 KX 125.

MOTOX888

Dec 3, 2005
I have found the Jetting specs for the 02 kx125...that is if yours is an 02!

Main- 350
Pilot- 45
Jet needle clip position- 3rd
Air screw- 1.5 turns out

If your jets are not numbered, go to your local dealer and buy a new main and pilot jet...they are pretty cheap!
E-mail me a pic of your bike at suzukirider888@aim.com and i will try to help you find out what year it is!!

MOTOX888

Dec 3, 2005
Nevermind what I just posted, lol, your bike is a 2001 model like TimberPig said, here are the 01 jetting specs........
Main Jet: 350
Pilot Jet: 45
Needle Clip Position: 3rd
Air Screw: 1.5

lol its the same as the 02!!! If your jets are not numbered, just simply go to your dealer and get the 350 main jet and the 45 pilot jet.

When you get back, install the new jets, move the clip to the third position down from the top (if its not already there) and turn the air screw out 1.5 turns.
Good Luck!!!

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
Thanks guys. Got her running. Ya'll ever seen that Slingblade movie?; the part where Billy Bob says " it ain't got no gas in it"? I had gas sloshing but not enough apparantly because I pulled the hose and nothing-I blew in it and all I heard was air :coocoo: .It's my dad's new bike and I'm helping with the jetting cause he would just richen the fuel mix or use a hotter plug rather than adress the issue.(I'm off to a great start huh? :bang: )Those jetting specs will give me a great starting point though so thanks again fellas! :cool:

Top Bottom