jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Anyone up for a trip to Muenster this Sunday 5/22?

In case you didn't know, I go under the knife for ACL reconstruction and arthoscopic surgery Tuesday 5/24.

I'm looking at ~5 mos downtime, so one more ride before the knife is in order (Heck, my knee is already boogered up, so what more can I do to it? )

I figure I'll brace the crap out ouf it and have a last ride before the big day... Anyone care to join me?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Wish I lived closer and didn't have multiple casts at the present, Good luck with the surgery and recovery. YZ165

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Good luck with surgery! I've had 2, and you heal up pretty fast. It will go quick. Just be a good boy and do all your therapy. Patellar or hamstring graft? Or cadaver graft?

I rode all week at DW03 with mine boogered up and had surgery when i got home. It did just fine with braces. I only had one iffy moment when I stuck my foot out while falling downhill, but it didn't bend funny, just felt odd.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I am going with the patellar graft. The doctor thinks that this will give me the strongest and longest-lasting fix. Thanks for the enouraging words!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I had one patellar and one hamstring. With the patellar graft, my strength came back really really fast but I had to WORK to get mobility. Just a warning. But it was far less painful than the hamstring.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Good luck with the surgery!

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
We are planning on Saturday @ Muenster, can not make it Sunday.

Heal up quick!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, I'll be there Saturday as well. Wish I could stay on until Sunday, but can't. Good luck with your surgery, Jeff.

Top Bottom