placelast

Apr 11, 2001
If I remain unemployed by the end of summer, my son's RMX will be on the block, & maybe even mine :( Sorry, no KXs. Let me know if interested; can bring to SoCa group ride for test drive...

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
well that sucks, hopefully you will get to keep the bikes. im really looking for a kx, but if i dont get a bike and you really need to sell it then give me a yell. your bike a rmx too?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by bike'r steve
if i dont get a bike and you really need to sell it then give me a yell. your bike a rmx too?

Yep, tho mine's a newer '97, his a '90, both w/low hours & loaded up with every do-dad from White Bros (lonnnnnnnggggg list; glad my wife hasn't seen it yet, tho she has her suspicions :eek: ), & then some, setup for dez & mountain enduros, & trail riding @ a good clip. Neither are the right base for MXing, tho - if that's what your gonna do; general go-fast off road - yes, but certainly not statium cross; too much off-road armor & enduro gear attached.

Suspension is the best I've ever had, even before MX-Tech. Power is not that impressive, nor as pipey as an MXer, but plenty there for my skill level.

If you can swing it, a '97 or '98 KX migh be better than the '93-'96 years for all-around off-road, as they have a broader power delivery, so I'm told.

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
thanks for the tip, im mainly looking for a bike for borrego and gordon wells. the reason im looking at the older bikes is for the green sticker. yep im one of those crazy guys that will go out to the desert july and august.
what the differance's bettween the rm's and rmx? i like suzuki's and have rode my brothers bikes,(tm's and rm's 400) but i have had kaws and they have always been dependable bikes. if you will, keep an eye out for me. thanks!!

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Usually anything '97 or older has green sticker stats. Some euro bikde went as far as '00. It's all in the VIN, 7th digit "three or C, no green for me".

My '90 & '97 are green sticker-ed. I spare the RMX details for a PM; look in you in-box.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
It's no Kawie but...

My friend has a 99 CR250 that hasn't been ridden for over a year and a half (due to back surgery) and is in excellent shape. Never raced, low hours. I believe it has a green sticker (I'll confirm if your interested). Stock with the exception of RG3 suspension front and rear. I know he wants to get rid of it, so he is motivated to sale ;)

I'll give you his phone number if your interested !

CLIFF

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
Cliff, thanks for the responce but, i believe anything newer than 1997 is a red stickered bike. if you see another bike let me know i appreciate it!!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Desert_Racer is I beleieve gonna have a 98 KTM 300EXC for sale in your price range. It is a very sweet bike. And it is designed just for the type of riding you do.
I believe his has a green sticker too. Its a 98 but it still has the sticker.

bundy

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
hmmm.. interesting i have never been on a ktm, i like the lights on the bike and the picture i saw had a licence plate on it. keep me informed!
thanks Bundy!!

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by mxbundy
Desert_Racer is I beleieve gonna have a 98 KTM 300EXC for sale in your price range. It is a very sweet bike. And it is designed just for the type of riding you do.

I swapped bikes with Rex at Elsinore and that thing is a fistfull of power!! Mucho cajones :scream:

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
bike'r steve,

For what it's worth (not much I know..) the CR250 does have a green sticker. My 00 YZ426 also has a green sticker. The DMV doesn't control the Red/green sticker issue well, so it's not uncommon to find newer bikes with green stickers. Also, from what I've heard (hasn't happened to me), most Rangers don't enforce the red sticker because there are so many mistakes (like mine and my friends) that it's difficult to make a case.

Nevertheless, I'm sure in the near future the DMV will figure things out and begin forcing the issue.

Top Bottom