OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
This was the best biking video I've ever seen! My roommate's dad used to do some riding with Malcolm Smith (at least that's what she tells me) and grew up on the video. I've always heard, read, etc. about On Any Sunday, but never watched it. It was waaaay better than any other video I've seen, and had so much personality. Imagine that a 30+ year old movie is twice as good as any "Crusty Demons of Crap 18" or whatever else is pushed these days. The video was made 10 years before I was even born, and watching Malcom Smith and gang ride the desert on a bike with three inches of travel, at speeds I wouldn't be comfortable with on a new bike made realize how badass these guys were! :worship: Rubber pegs, floppy shifters, piston port engines, these guys were fast by any age's standard. If you're too young to remember those days (like me) and rely on stories from dad, uncle, Rich, Eric, ;) etc, I highly recommend watching the movie and having a blast.

:yeehaw:

BTW, it was funny to be able to pick out Malcolm before they even mentioned his name, his smile is timeless.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That movie has hooked more people on riding over the years than anything else. It's the best dirtbike flick out there. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I've learned to judge the seriousness/insanity of dirtbikers by how many copies of On Any Sunday they've worn out. :yeehaw:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Try Amazon.com, I love that movie, what's cool is, when you watch the desert portion and see riders in hot pink jersey, that's the Invaders Club and they wear that same jersey today, haven't change the style in over 30 yrs

his smile is timeless

Saw him not too long ago, even when he doesn't smile, you see that smile

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
watching Malcom Smith and gang ride the desert on a bike with three inches of travel, at speeds I wouldn't be comfortable with on a new bike made realize how badass these guys were!

Come to DirtWeek, Malcolm will take you on a loop :) Shouldn't be a problem to get your OAS copy signed either.

Top Bottom