Rumz

Oct 13, 2002
im 5'6 150 lbs and ride vetA and 25+A MX. i was wondering how good does a lowered bike work on the track. i want to be more aggressive in the corners and i feel like, if the bike was smaller, i could control it better. but i don't want to give up a lot in handling the rough stuff and big jumps. i would be interested in lowering front and rear if this is posssible. what kind of money does this stuff cost? thanks

kevin5758

Sponsoring Member
Mar 15, 2003
IMO, lowering it would be fairly easy. Getting it to work well would be difficult. Someone would have to have extensive experience in lowering suspensions to get it to work the way you would expect it to.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I have cut my subframe approx. 1/2" on my 99 CR250 and also shaved the seat for about a 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" drop. I also slid my forks up in the triple clamps about 7mm. I am 5'6, 165lbs. The bike handles very well for me, mainly because it is lower and that gives me more confidence in corners. I noticed most improvement while trail riding where I need to dab a foot occassionally. I tried raising the forks 10mm but had too much headshake. Although the bike cornered like it was on rails. IMO lowering an inch or so is not going to affect jumping that much if the bike is dialed in correctly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom