94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Well, it was perfect condtions for practice and the start of the race on Sunday. A big group of us went out to stir up the classes just for fun. We had our regular junior riders sign up for 200 b and 200 c and several of us pulled up to the AA line.
I gated 3rd out of 16 and hung on only to drop to 4th at then end of the very fast first lap. We came around the first check only to catch the juniors as they were taking off(my son nailed the holeshot!). This made me a little angry as the track layout should have been a little longer to let the classes be underway before the first lap.
I ran 4th and 5th through the the 2nd lap only to take a wrong turn and wrap a tree around my front end. I pulled off to yank the tree out and lost 4 postions in 3 seconds. I ran 9th the next lap only to catch my nephwe who had broke his arm. i rode back to get help and that ended my day. My boy on his newly rebuilt 80 shorted his kill switch which ended his day. Carl Dobson finished 5th overall(not bad for an over 40 guy!). Steve Levain, Caleb Woletz and Anthony Meyer finished on the overall podium.
It got real hot and dry, many guys quit before the race was over. One guy broke his fenur and was helio'd out. Nephew Ryno149 got a splint for the ride to the hospital. :ugg: Rough day!
But some of us will be ready for the next Mo race. Oh, yeah...that was a fairly tough race. Kudos to the Forward Motion guys for a good effort...but make the track 1 mile longer or go to 30 second intervals on the start!

B

biglou

Hey Ruck, I was the clown standing at the end of the scoring shoot yelling out your numbers to the scorers as the riders came by. Didja see me?! :)

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I was goof who came around the first lap and missed the scoring lane with the rest of the fleet behind me. yeah, the fast guys beat on me for that screw up!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom