Jason_125

Mar 15, 2004
I've ordered a Moose pipe guard and I wondered if anyone has opinions on what there like.
I'm a bit worried about the weight of it how heavy actually are they?
The other thing I was worried about was overheating. They look really thick, will the air still flow through ok and stop the exhaust from overheating?
How hard are they to install? I'm not ery good at DIY stuff!!
Thanks.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
They are light- aluminum. A vise to hold guard, and a torch to heat it and form it, are helpful. You will want to use a big crescent wrench to bend/form the tabs. You will see what I mean when you get it. I think the project "might" be doable without heat, but its a lot easier with a torch. The ventilation issue is not a concern. My Moose guard has saved the pipe MANY times!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Moose Pipe Armor

I just installed one on my KDX

Probably took at least a good hour to put on

I left the pipe on the bike for the install, but removed the gas tank

I used a torch, a rubber mallet and a bottle jack to help form it around the pipe

A couple more giant hose clamps would of helped form it too, but the bottle jack worked also

I must admit it was quite intimidating when I pulled it out of the box the first time, it's so thick and heavy looking. But I like it now, it does not look nearly as thick once it is on the pipe

http://dirtrider.net/teamdrn/showph...f56475965e468406d30ea07e96e029&sort=1&cat=500

Jason_125

Mar 15, 2004
Thanks for the replies. I should get mine tommorow so wish me luck. I have a feeling it won't be to easy!
Wibby I think the Pipe guard looks sweet on ya bike!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom