bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
yeah, lets close all sports facilties, that way, half the kids of the world will be fat, and the other half of the kids will be out stealing to keep the crack habit going.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Not sure how to reply to this but this just reinforces my belief that riders and industry have really got to get an act together and adopt a comprehensive plan to develope and protect riding areas, similar to Ducks Unlimited or the Nature Conservancy - go out and identify land that could be developed for ORV areas and buy or lease them, the AMA and all levels of government have been of little help. The BRC is the beacon but as far as I know they have only been addressing state and federal agencies.

The manufacturers have got to come to the realization that the industry is being chipped away at a rapid pace through zoning issues, noise issues, insurance issues etc. The only way to overcome this is through a strong nationwide co-op. I doubt a person could even build a track in rural King County now with the latest land grab law. Just rambling I guess but the whole thing just pisses me off whenever I hear of another track or riding area being threatened. Washougal's days are numbered as well due to various growth issues. Sad state of affairs :|

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Updated!!! the track won thier exstension to may so speak up! BTW you only have 5-7 days as of thursday.

MXGP and County Have Met to Discuss New Location:
Awesome 150 Acre Plot Near Maltby Being Considered Seriously!

MXGP Owner Gary Strode Says Our Emails Worked... and He Needs Our Help Again!!!
_____

As most of you are aware, MXGP won their case, and in a conversation today with
MXGP owner Gary Strode, he stated that he had a very good meeting today with County
Council members, a Parks representative, and Marc Krandel - who handles the county's
land acquisitions. Per Gary, Council members Sax and Koster are pushing Marc
Krandel hard to purchase a 150 acre piece of land near Maltby for MXGP's relocation
- and Gary Strode described the location as AWESOME. In addition, the County would
own the land - allowing MXGP to lease it from them - eliminating the need for MXGP
to find and pay for land on its own (imagine the costs of buying 150 acres). In
short, Gary said that our emails - all 75 to 100 of them - were a HUGE help in the
victory against the County, and he has asked that each and every one of us send out
another email per the following. We need another 75 to 100 people (or more - so be
sure to forward this again to friends and fellow riders) to email the County per the
below, and Gary says it's not only critical, but our emails need to be sent within
the next 5-7 days:

The meeting went so well, per Gary, with Koster and Sax putting the heat on Krandel
to make the purchase of the land ASAP, that Gary wants to keep the pressure on
Krandel. Doesn't want time to pass and slowly Krandel backburner's the matter,
which he could: instead, wants Krandel to get further heat from Sax and Koster, and
have him (Krandel) get 75 or more emails from all of us encouraging him to follow
through on the purchase... and soon. Pressure, pressure, pressure. So, please
write a short and sweet email similar to the following - cuz it could be the
difference between MXGP having a new location... or not.

To Whom it May Concern: As a motorcycle rider who is also a registered voter, I am
pleased to see that the County and its leadership not only sided with MXGP Motocross
Park in their decision two weeks ago, but I am also pleased to hear that the County
is working hard to help the motocross park find new land to operate their facility
on. The 200,000 motorcyclists in WA state who are registered voters (per ABATE of
WA) appreciate your efforts. Most of us are watching this matter and similar cases
very closely, though some of us are more vocal than others.

As one of many individuals and families that benefit from the facility, I would like
to encourage all who are involved in the faciliity's relocation to move quickly on
the acquisition of any property being considered, the location in or near Maltby
most specifically. It is my understanding that this particular piece of property,
nearly 150 acres, is looked upon very highly by the ownership of MXGP - and with the
County's ability to lease the property to the owners (creating revenue for the
County) - it seems this could be the win/win scenario all of us are seeking.

Thank you again for your efforts to assist myself and my fellow offroad riding
enthusiasts with a new County approved location for MXGP.

YOUR NAME

Here are the people to address your own email, or one similar to the above, to:
<mailto:gary.nelson@co.snohomish.wa.us> gary.nelson@co.snohomish.wa.us
John.Koster@co.snohomish.wa.us
Jeff.Sax@co.snohomish.wa.us
kirke.sievers@co.snohomish.wa.us
Dave.Gossett@co.snohomish.wa.us
Aaron Reardon: <mailto:aaron.reardon@co.snohomish.wa.us>
aaron.reardon@co.snohomish.wa.us and
<mailto:county.executive@co.snohomish.wa.us> county.executive@co.snohomish.wa.us
(email both)

Craig Ladiser: <mailto:craig.ladiser@co.snohomish.wa.us>
craig.ladiser@co.snohomish.wa.us <mailto:craig.ladiser@co.snohomish.wa.us>

And be sure to forwardt this email along to your friends. Thanks everyone for your
help!

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Message sent and CC'd to all on the list, hopefully all will go well and they get this 150 acres but with all the hoops to go through - we're at least a year out from roostin, one step at a time I guess.

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
Ther is a bill that will be introduced to the Washington State Legislature, that will improve the ability to use agriculturally zoned land for recreational purposes.

It will be designated HB1567.

This is thanks to, along with others, the two Representatives from the Monroe area, Dan Kristensen and Kirk Pearson.

Dan and his family ride quads, but I won't hold that against him.
;)

These two guys are always on our side. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom