zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I think I was losing coolant. (moron moment, but maybe unrelated- radiators were drained when bike was shipped to me, I filled radiator, but forgot to remove the bleed screw on right side to releive air pressure when filling, therefore I figure they were only half full). My tranny oil was milky for one change, that's it. I had to add coolant two more times, but no more milky tranny oil. WTF? Where did the coolant go? Now, my coolant level is staying, not losing a drop. And oil changes are normal. Could a seal leak for a short while, then not leak anymore? Bike never overheated or siezed, and runs perfectly.

BTW, I'm typing this from my living room at the new ranch. From my window, I can see the south end of the property & the bitchin track we've built. Maybe I'll take a break from surfing & turn a few laps :nener:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
BTW, I'm typing this from my living room at the new ranch. From my window, I can see the south end of the property & the bitchin track we've built. Maybe I'll take a break from surfing & turn a few laps

like im going to answer you after you say that?;)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
BTW, I'm typing this from my family room, looking out into the back yard and seeing nothing but a ton of yard work that needs doing! Ah, maybe tomorrow!

Possibly the seals swelled after new coolant was added. They can dry out and shrink a little, causing a temporary leakage. After a few hot/cold cycles, the seals may have "run in" and sealed again.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
possibly a seal was installed so the lip was folded under and after it ran a while it straightened out-

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Thanks Marcus & Scott, I just needed some sort of explanation.

quotes aren't working? I'm gonna post some pics tomorrow. Can't find the digital camera.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Gee Zio, why even worry about riding if the view is that great!! Just put some pixy dust in the cooling system, and float around! LOL J.K.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You assume he isn't floating now? :eek:

Top Bottom