RMpower

Oct 11, 2001
Why not where neck brace ? I took a header this weekend and my neck is sore , I have a neck brace left over from kart racing , why not use it ?? Any thoughts are anybody else trying this. Maybe this would of helped Button .:confused:

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Wear it--

--:( I heard that it only takes 20-40 pounds of force to unplug the human brain stem.

Big problem with chin bars designs on helmets is they do not partially collapse on impact and it acts like a lever. :(

Any kind of neck collar would help.

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
When you face plant--

the chin bar digs in, with the chin strap tight like it is supposed to be there is nowhere for the force of impact to go except to disconnect the brain stem.
Instant death! :(
A collar would help absorb some of that force.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey jams, the 1 exception to that i am aware of is the arai mxc-pro; its chin bar has a little flex built into it. it's saved my neck a few times....but i think i'll get the neck brace, too. buddy of mine has 1 that ties on, not the evs 1, & he swears by it.

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
I've tried a karting style one, and the EVS. Both were too bulky and limited my shoulder movement.

Nikki posted about one from PCS and it works great. Here's the link:

http://www.promotorcyclesafety.com

I don't even notice this one when I'm riding, and it doesn't move your helmet around.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
yeah, thx for posting that, i couldn't think of it. that is the 1 my buddy has. it ties on with strings, so it looks a little hokey, but he (a physician) says it is very comfortable & seems to offer good protection.

the mxc-pro is an awesome helmet in every way but 1: it is very expensive. i wouldn't use anything else, but i swallowed hard when i paid for it.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
MXDad - you beat me to it :)

PCS's neck support system is great!! It comes in a few different thicknessess (1"-2.5") and attaches to your chest protector - not a bulky wrap around your neck like the EVS and other collars.

I don't notice it at all when I ride! It is very comfortable and it will definately help protect against neck injuries and even a broken collarbone from the chin of your helmet. PCS also offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee or they will buy it back - so protect yourself and give it a try!

(805) 526-2078 or order online at www.promotorcyclesafety.com

Top Bottom