Need help finding size of bolt threads

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
I do not think a die is going to fix those threads. It must be a YZ125 thing, because I just repaired a crank of that era that some one threaded a 10x1.5 nut on it. I turned it to 8mm and cut a 1.25 thread on it, works perfectly. Any machine shop in your area should be able to do it

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Ok I just got a tap and die kit. FYI, Harbor Freight has a sale right now, and I picked up a 40 piece metric and 40 piece SAE tap and die kits for $22. I ran it though the crank, and it worked, There is a thread right in the middle that not so good looking, but all after that they look brand new (which is where the nut should sit hopefully). So I will get a nut and see.

Now I have red locktite, but how much will I need to apply. I need to heat the case and freeze the bearing, I don't see how it will work, might just burn off.

I will be using 3 or so big c-clamps at the engine mounts to press the case back together. I will be using Permatex Ultra Grey to seal it.

ALSO

I decided to listen to my girl, and go to this "craft" store with her. Its one of those girl stores. I found this material to cover my seat with.... ok she did, she told me to check it out :-) . Its marine grade vinyl stuff. Its super strong, and nice and thick. Its the same leather type material you see on boats for their seats. It only cost me $10 for a 3'x5' peice. Im having lots of luck with this bike so far :-)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Very lightly coat the outer bearing race then. The seat thing, like you never seen guys with blue jean material for seats? Unless you can get the seams sewn in the correct areas, you will have some funky ripples in it. For my vin bike, I get the misprint covers for 15 dollars a piece, I believe the material costs more?

Top Bottom