sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
my little brother bought a 89 suzuki rm 250 and i had pretty much no compression. so i figured we will ring it and it will be ok. well that is not the case. :bang: the dude that had the bike before put the piston in wrong so the rings gouged the hell out of the cylinder wall and the piston. well the cylinder has never been bored out. so i dont really think that we should bore it and have it chromed. the shop told us 400 dollars. do any of you guys know where i can get a cylinder either new or used and what years will work?

kcsteck

Feb 18, 2004
89 RM 250 cylnder

you can get that cylnder fixed by RPM Rick Peterson Motorsports in CA for like 225$ or by brand new cylnder for around 300$ or **** for used etc
Casey

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
kcsteck said:
you can get that cylnder fixed by RPM Rick Peterson Motorsports in CA for like 225$

:think: I'd say Eric Gorr is the way to go. He has done big bores for two of my bikes and a total engine on one. :cool:

He has the best prices... PERIOD.

Edit: He has the best prices and service... PERIOD. /Edit

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
Check Eric Gorr's website. He has cylinders listed for the '89 RM250. If you don't want to buy a used one, then send your parts to his shop and have him look at the cylinder and decide what is the best coarse of action. He has done lots of work on my bikes and I will continue going to him for service as long as possible.

Top Bottom