Jeff Siegel

Jan 9, 2002
I have a friend who is interested in the 300 EXC. He has located a 1998 that has been ridden very little and appears to have been well taken care of. In general what are the good points and the bad points of the 1998 300 EXC? Have the newer 300 EXC's undergone many changes?
Should he look for anything in particular when checking it out or ask any particular questions about the bike? How do you think he will like this bike compared to his present bike (a 1998 250 YZ)?
He is about 6'-2" tall and weighs about 220 lbs. without gear. Rides hard and fast. Has finished very well in the few hare scrambles that he has raced. How will the 300 EXC fit him? Suspension? Room? Power?

Would appreciate any info you have expecially from present or past owners of the 300 EXC or 300 MXC.

Thanks,
Jeff

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Roomier for a rider that size, more top end, more hp, smoother power, may not handle as well, as the yam aha. The only real issue I can think of on the '98 was the rear shock. KTM upgraded most of them free of charge. You can tell if it was upgraded by looking at the # underneath the cartridge. I wish I could remember the letter that it should end with if it has the upgrade, but I can't be sure. I think if it ends in a C or a G it has the upgrade to the shock. All in all the 300 is an incredible bike.

Top Bottom