Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
several regulars are in LA...

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Hey swett,

I live in Lafourche Parish...about 1 1/2 hours south of you .My son rides at the track in NI every now and then. The reason for the low number of riders in our area( IMO) is the lack of riding area...for woods riders anyway. And believe me, it's alot worse here for us than it is for you. We drive up your way to ride...it's 3 hours for us...Camp Claibourne, near Forest Hill. It's about 15 miles before Alexandria. There are also a couple of other areas there(near Alex.) but they are all part of the Kisatchie National Forest and run by the Forest Service. The areas are close whenever it rains more than 2 inches, and remain closed for 7 days. Of course if it happens to rain again before the 7 days are up, the closure is extended for another 7 days.....imagine that,rain in South La.
Check out the Acadian Dirt Riders....they are based in Lafayette and ride the Claibourne area. There is also La. Trail Riders in Baton Rouge (also ride Claibourne) and of course the Rebel Offroad Riding Club ( my personnal favorite...I may be alittle bias since I'm the president) located in Raceland...we also ride the Claibourne area, but a much farther drive for us. :cool:

Talk to ya' later
Matt

swett

Riding it like I stole it
Mar 13, 2005
Wow , that many clubs...that close. As far as for the rain...well I've come to terms with that after 14 yrs here..still love it down here..I know of the track, it's 5 minutes from the house..but I'm not even getting on that. Just started with two strokes. My boss's son rides at hurricane alley..at 15 would smoke me like nothing..I think if he can place his next race or 2, he might qualify for loretta lynn's races..last name is hargrave, dont know his first name. I'd like to check out thse clubs..maybe ride once I get my 80 fixed or buy a new one. Thanks..for the info..Ya never know we might all end up out there together some time.

Swett

swett

Mar 13, 2005
P.S. Where can I get some info on these clubs?

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
They all have websites with contact info. I forgot to mention Breezy Hill riding club...I'm not sure if they have a website but I know that they ride in the Alexandria area also.
I will get in touch with you(PM) the next time we plan a ride up your way...in case you are interested. :cool:

Matt

swett

Mar 13, 2005
Most definately..If I'm not offshore..24 hr call

S

shaquille_rhine

where you live in newiberia

i live in newibearia and i want to race you if
you have a superbike or a dirt bike reply
back with a answr at any time.

Top Bottom