tphss

Apr 6, 2004
Hi all,

In 3 months i'm buying a new bike (KXF250/CRF250 :joke: :yeehaw: ) as well as new riding gear.

Now, about boots, I'm riding with Fox Forma Pro's now and although they are really great boots I want to try a different brand.
I was thinking about these:
-Alpinestars Tech 8
-Alpinestars Vector
-Sidi Force SRS
Or Forma Pro's again...

I would appreciate any opinions about the boots from anyone that has expirience with'em.

I got a Thor SVR2 PC helmet now, also I'm going to buy a new helmet, thought about these helmets:
-Fox Pro Pilot
-Shoei VFX-R Air
-The new TLD helmet (I like this helmet the best so far)
-Thor SVR

Any opinions will help... :)

Thanks alot.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
i like the tech 6's. they are very comfy and hold up well. everyone i ride with has them also. i really haven't ever heard a complaint about them.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
I tried on 8 pairs of boots including (t8,t6,vector,sidi force,vortex,Oxtar pro & regular). Price was not going to stop me from buying the exact boots I wanted. I bought the Fox pro. Still am good with the decision.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Yeah, the Fox Forma Pros were totally redesigned last year -- with input from Bubba Stewart -- to be the best and they are really nice. So if yours are a bit older there's no comparison.

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
I have Tech 8's.. I absolutely know they saved me from broken bones a couple of times. My friend did break a couple toes and get an ugly laceration under 4 toes with tech 6's dont know if 8's would have made a difference. (He has them now) I do like the booty aspect being used to ski and snowboard boots. They do leak though I rarely end up with dry feet after a ride. I have the white ones with the extra vent too. If it is a really wet ride I plug the vent holes with silicone which helps. They were hard to get used to at first I had to move my shifter and they seemed huge. I am totally confident and used to them now and I would buy them again.

As far as helmets go its very personal try them all on before you commit and make sure you try one on in a shop first even if you mailorder in order to get the right size. After a fractured skull myself (with a helmet) and some now dead friends you cant skimp here!! I only consider a Snell approved helmet with the latest approval sticker. This is an impact test done with a pointed weight.

Good luck

Top Bottom