zedsdead

Nov 26, 2008
Newbie looking for info please

Good Evening.
I,m a new member here. AlthoughI have been looking at the forum for a while. I like the attitude, seems a good place to be.
I have recently changed my klr250 for a kdx220, what a leap forward that is! A fantastic bike, I am now having to learn both how to ride it and how to maintain it. Its been very enjoyable so far.
I have two questions I would like to ask of the forum;
First. My front end is different to the standard forks I have seen in pictures of other kdx,s. Mine are blue anodized with different yolks and no gaiters, I have read about the kx swap some people do and am wondering if this has been done. Are there any ways I can easily identify forks?
Second. The expansion chamber and silencer have both been changed for procircuit items. Where I ride these are far to loud, Can I quieten the bike with just a stock silencer or do I have to swap both parts of the exhaust.
Hope you are enjoying your bikes as much as I am, Regards Zedsdead

Last edited:

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
sounds like the right color for a 94 forks, you might just want to go to the justkdx (justkdx.dirtrider.net) site and look at readers rides. Also, it sounds as if you may need to put some new packing in the spark arrestor to help eliminate some of that noise.
Keep the pipe, and replace the packing in the muffler or get a new one.

zedsdead

Nov 26, 2008
Thanks for the advice, I will look through the pictures. I repacked the silencer with a bag of the fmf pink packing material and it is still loud. I have never heard a stok pipe but I am sure it must be quieter. I ride in farmland so volume is a issue, I don,t want to frieghten the stock with an overly loud exhaust.

zedsdead

Nov 26, 2008
Asrith, Ive just re-read your reply. I see what you mean now. I will put a stock muffler (silencer) on and keep the pipe (expansion chamber). Looked at the pictures they are a grfeat help. Thank you, regards Zedsdead.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom