Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
04 crf250r I'm replacing the top end so I figured now was the time to split the cases and see whats been causing notchy shifting. It doesn't like to shift between 1st and 2nd and when stopped but still running it's nearly impossible to find neutral...its slams pretty hard between 1st and 2nd. When moving its definetly harder shifting then when new. Have tried an assortment of different oils with no spectacular results.

It's all split so what am I looking for?? Gears look good, forks aren't obviously bent but I can't tell if they're tweaked. To me they look good but what do I know. Are there any little tricks that can be done for smoother shifting??

Scott

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
I'm guessing the clutch is OK? Do the forks have any blueing on them? What about the shift drum? I'd check that out to see if its hung up anywhere (maybe where it comes through the case into the clutch area (they can get hung up there) - what about the shift lever - my buddy's YZ was a beatch to shift b/c he chunked a rock and bent the shaft that attaches to the shift lever.

Top Bottom