Not open for further replies.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
380EXCman said:
Oh I could make 4 or 5 fit!

After seeing your past work I'm pretty sure you could run KTM's entire Supercross program out of that thing. ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Patman said:
:think: Uh, it's a 4 door sedan Okie.
Don't care, still looks like a Mustang.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Quite simialar to the "re-invention" of the 4-Stroke (deisel pigs they are) the dodge Magnum SRT8 is the re-invention of the station wagon.........but pretty good lookin wagon for a chrysler product. To bad only teachers and government officials drive em?

let the flood gates open LOL!

wardy

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I haven't seen many of the Magnums, But I've seen a lot of the new 300's. So far they've all been old professional dudes. Like lawyers. And one punk kid, but the car still had all the stickers all over it so I assumed he was either testing it (but who in the world would let a punk kid test one by himself?) or worked for the dealer. No moms, no chicks period.

I did see a new Mustang this morning. A chick was driving it and it was only the v6. Too bad.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
380EXCman said:
This sounds promising.

"2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8. Street and Racing Technology (SRT) engineers began with a solid foundation—the 2006 Dodge Magnum—then injected SRT DNA to produce a vehicle that can cover a quarter mile in the high-13-second range and haul home a brand-new 27-inch TV."

Have you looked at the interior trim of these (Dodge) vehicles? It is just too cheap in appearance and feel. Kwality is certainly not a high prioity with their interior guys. I will admit the cars do look nice from the outside.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Gack! Those Magnum things are UGLY! Course I think most american cars are cheap and ugly. ;)

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I rented a Jag J type last time I was in the states, it is not a bad running car. The looks are a little funky but the car is a nice driver.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
OK Okie, what'd ya buy the little lady? Did we have any influence on the decision?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
CaptainObvious said:
OK Okie, what'd ya buy the little lady? Did we have any influence on the decision?

...says Captain Oblivious :laugh:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Good choice Okie :cool: , my daily driver is a 97 Maxima, best car ever owned so far.

But my F350 diesel pig 4x4 with pipe bumpers is the fun one. :laugh:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Update: how does she like it Okie? My wife drives one just about like it, it's even white.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
A good friend of mine has a Silver Maxima (2004). It's a very nice ride, even for someone tall in the passenger seat. Its one of the few 'cars' I like riding in. I need my leg and head space. I really dislike the new Mustangs and most other speed/performance/sport cars.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wow who'd of ever thunk it, Grady as a ricer!?

Yo Grady-o what kinda' NOS you runnin' yo?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
zio said:
when I was a kid, my skateboard had trucks.

wow, that just took me back to the day!

which was a Wednesday incase you didn't know.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
the throttle response is amazing. without just the right touch, it's actually hard to gently leave a stop light. I was afraid it wasn't going to be a good winter car, but actually it's fine. Heavier than our last car, so that helps plus the stock tires aren't too bad. Of course, you don't have to worry about snow down south...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm assuming you have a sixth generation (04 or newer)? I hear ya about the gas peddle.. it's electric I'm told and yeah, a little touchy.

Had an encounter with a ricer last week... couldn't help myself. I was sitting at a light, up he rolls, heard the fart can coming. Full body kit, lowered (obviously cut springs as it was squatting bad), big wing, big tires. Lots of stickers, lol. Looked at me, rev'd it. SPANK! Not feeling like a big ticket I backed-off at 60, 3 or more lengths ahead. He was obviously disturbed; pulled up beside me in low gear wanting to go from a rolling start. Nope. No tickets for me, thanks. And besides, without a canalope launcher, I would surely lose :p

Anyway, it's a fun car with 4 doors and lots of room. If I were a car guy, my daily driver would be a Charger SRT :) 425 hp / 420 ft pounds...

BMWPower

Jul 7, 2005
Just get a, BMW M5, V10 507 hp seven-speed SMG, and a 6 speed manual will come out soon, 0-60 4.1 sec 1/4 mile in 12.3 secs at 116.7mph, and a unrestricted top speed of 205 MPH.
hows that

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
some times you just have to show these kids who is boss. We have a neighbor girl that just learned how to drive, she has some crappy cavalier with a really loud fart can exhaust. warms it up for 1/2 hour each time before she drives it, and revs constantly. How annoying.

our maxima is an '05 SL, white. At first we wanted the SE (even though I hardly ever drive it) for the tighter handling, but then I reminded myself how bad the roads suck in Iowa. No curves and full of potholes. So we went with the softer/looser riding car. Actually much of the difference between the two is in the different diameter wheels/tires. Anyway, yea, you can surprise a lot of folks at the stoplights. The older one I used to drive was almost as fast (less hp but lighter) and more of a stealth unit. It still had great power and trans worked fine with 190,000 miles on it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
BMWPower said:
Just get a, BMW M5, V10 507 hp seven-speed SMG, and a 6 speed manual will come out soon, 0-60 4.1 sec 1/4 mile in 12.3 secs at 116.7mph, and a unrestricted top speed of 205 MPH.
hows that
How's what? $80,000..... We are talking about cars we actually own here and no thanks lol, NO car is worth those dollars to me. And that coming from a previous BMW (96 3 series bought new in 95) owner. Nice cars for sure, just too many other fun and or useful things to spend money on these days... at the end of the day, a car just gets you from point a, to point b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom