Rockymountainatvmc.com - Dirt bike & ATV parts

RECENT POSTS

old guys dwindling in vintage stuff - dead or quiet

I think you nailed it. I picked up a 1986 Honda Reflex to convert into a Sammy Miller style TLR250 . A fun little bike with a simple air-cooled motor and a carb. Hard to beat it for a Sunday of fun. I won't even go into all the Hodaka and RD350 stuff filling space in my shop.

I love the latest technology but not to the point where I will completely abandon bikes that are still loads of fun and relatively cheap to own and operate. Fun seems timeless.

Uchytil

Lifetime Sponsor
Well since I posted this it's alive and well in the Midwest. Between Michigan's Vintage Series and the Midwest Vintage Series there are no shortages of venues to practice, race, or smack talk about the old (er) days that folks raced, or trail rode these steeds. Mostly just a matter of getting away from the grind and showing up. I know a fellow DNR'r that is doing just that and winning some hardware just like it was 197(?)....

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I've been noticing a lot more vintage racing in the local area. I think they've been holding to the pre-74 racing, wouldn't mind going and watching the "evolution" class though.

It does make me sad that there is so much parting out of the old bikes on ebay. There's a local guy that basically quit being a real estate agent to part out bikes, and he's been doing gangbusters!

Perhaps when the nest is empty I'll move forward with putting together my own vintage collection. I'd love to build a replica of the Pro-Tec TT500 that RJ raced in the original 4-stroke nationals!

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Magellan

Lifetime Sponsor
I built an 87 KDX 80 for my son, though I did put a 94 or so KX80 front end on it.
DSC_0835.JPG

Last edited:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
That's sweet. Loos like you redid everything

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -