silver

May 16, 2006
Any one who rides in Oscoda county or would like to in the future.There is a meeting on the 12th of May 10 am county Annex building to decide the ORV policy of " open all roads " which would be grand.There are a lot of people against it and we could use as many people for it to show up at the meeting.If this is not possible please take the time to send an email to the county Commissioners. Getting this passed sure would make it easier in the future hold an Enduro or just enjoy th etrails we have .So take the time read the ordinance and send an email or better yet show up and be heard at the meeting.

http://www.oscodacountymi.com/Proposed ORV Ordinance.pdf

Roger Marsh (for)
rmarsh@oscodacountymi.com

Micheal Hunt (against)
mhunt@oscodacountymi.com

Tom Trimmer (for)
ttrimmer@oscodacountymi.com

Joe Stone (against)
jstone@oscodacountymi.com

Dennis Kauffman (for)
989) 848-5066 (No email

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
I thought it was already voted on and passed, ready to go. Are they thinking of changing paragraph A of section 4, from"all county primary and county local roads" to something more limited?
Either way, I will send messages.

silver

May 16, 2006
The orginal plan was just for 20 miles of routes to get into towns.Dennis Kauffman after talking with other commissinors from neighboring counties proposed a new ordinance to open all county roads like the others have.So the new plan gets voted on next Tuesday.It looks like we should win 3-2 but you never know depends on how many people opposing it show up or write emails to that affect.Thats why I need you guys to take a min. and send a supportive email so they realize it would benifit the county .Even if you don't ride here now someday you might so please send an email.Thanks Mike Lietzke

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - good chance I can make the meeting...maybe Mark and Mitch to. and I will send emails

Neal - I thought you were in CO?

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Mike, I have mailed the county commisioners. Might just show up if possible.
Mike, we leave Friday afternoon. Taking the KDX, do some mountain passes, I hope.
Sold the KTM this morning...whine whine.... I miss it already.

silver

May 16, 2006
Oscoda County has now joined the ranks of county's with all roads open to all ORV's (county roads).If you do ride here please keep in mind that forest service roads are closed unless marked open.The ticket for riding on forest service roads is $175 so make sure you now where you can and cannot ride.Thanks to all who sent emails and showed up for the meeting.Mike

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom